• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [SOLVED] Suddenly multiple errormessages once game has loaded in GM

U

Uberpink

im desperate,,, once i load the game in gm 1.4 multiple errormessages just appearing one by one with same error,,,, 30, 40 of the same messages ,if im trying to hit enter or escape to remove them,, resources like rooms etc disappear and gamefiles sometimes is destroyed,, like nekst time i run it, theres no rooms, but managed to take a backup of the autobak files, but every one of them seems error-ridden too,, weird cuz yesterday everything worked and i closed down GM before going to bed... i suspect im running out of files, havent found one that work yet.... I do NOT get this error on an super early version of the game.... only on all 5,6 autoback files..... here is the error:

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
U

Uberpink

OK, might be of interest if someone else get similar... i managed to solve it.... when errormessage spammed multiple times, i spammed enter untill it was not showing ,then quickly tapped CTRL+alt+E to eksport objekt to GMZ..... then on desktop i ran GMZ file then suddenly i got a errormesage what was wrong,,, it lacked a background.... so,,, i copied background from a much earlier project fle into background dir, and ran (not the eksported file) but the GMX file again,,,, prosjectfile.... then no errormessages......

my problem was that i only had ONE projectfile of the most recent stuff and 5,6 autobackupfiles... and ALL was corrupt... the background i copied from a much earlier version, weeks earlier version.... so i learnt to save multiple files..... a heads up to everyone else:=)

N

NeonBits

Reminds me of when I loaded a gmx without its other folders. Result was a river of error messages; normal; I thought I could skip and then be able to open objects to read the codes; oops. And the side effect; two desktop folders, with the new one loading on computer start; basic icons. In the first days of discovering GM, it was not attractive.