Resolution and Screen Sizes

I

IE Entertainment

Hey, community. Question: I am creating some pretty large, detailed sprites for my game. I have set the room, view, and port on screen to 3840 x 2160. They are matching because I want the entire room visible during gameplay. When played on a standard HD set, (1080p) will the room view change or scale to fit?

Also, how do I give the option to display the game in 1080p or 4K? Thanks in advance for your response.

RangerX

First of all, a view of 3840x2160 is complete total overkill. Your game will crash on most machine or run slow as f...
Heck, most "4k" Playsation 4 Pro games don't even run at that resolution natively.

You should have your game in something like 1080p and upscale it in 4k for the 3 people that will play it in 4k anyways.

I

IE Entertainment

First of all, a view of 3840x2160 is complete total overkill. Your game will crash on most machine or run slow as f...
Heck, most "4k" Playsation 4 Pro games don't even run at that resolution natively.

You should have your game in something like 1080p and upscale it in 4k for the 3 people that will play it in 4k anyways.
How would I "upscale"? I currently have two rooms created where I was testing 1080p vs 4k to see what the difference would be with what I am doing. Is there any tutorials you can recommend for upscaling?