• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

bug in box2d

M

Misty

Haven't tested this on GMS2 but the bug may be in both gms1 and 2. It is a bug of box 2d. Hitting invisible walls for no reason. Happens when you create a chain link of walls, I'm guessing when the chains are not set a certain way it causes this to happen. I know this is a bug because it is consistently inconsistent. If it was an invisible object I put in the room it would be the same thing everytime. It is bug and even when I enable objects as phy_bullet sometimes it hits this invisible "area" and tunnels into a wall for no reason. I know its a bug because when I go to this "area" nothing happens. But when I leave and come back I hit an invisible wall. And I didn't put that wall there, it is a bug in Box 2d. It's like a bermuda triangle bug. When you go there and look around it seems fine, ordinary. But as soon as you leave and go back a few times it starts to happen. Collidiing with an invisible "area" that just transports you behind an actual wall.