• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Error Compiling Android YYC since update

spinout

Hey,

So I can compile fine using the base compiler, but ever since the update (including the one with the hotfix) I keep getting the following error when trying to compile YYC for Android:

make: *** create_child_process: DuplicateHandle(In) failed (e=6)

Hard to figure out this issue based off that. Any ideas?

Between that, the fact that the apps crash after every time the app loses focus and the texture groups failing on us. I sure hope we get a hotfix for these things and don't have to wait months. This always happens just before release comes up!

Last edited:

Jack S

Minimum sdk is now 16 for yyc with ndk 17 - not sure that will help. I haven't run the new runtime yet... gotta make the daily build and then put our extensions into the new runtime before I can build against it. Will update again later if the above doesn't fix your issue.

spinout

Minimum sdk is now 16 for yyc with ndk 17 - not sure that will help. I haven't run the new runtime yet... gotta make the daily build and then put our extensions into the new runtime before I can build against it. Will update again later if the above doesn't fix your issue.
Tried that. I think I tried about everything I could think of. : \

H

HW.

Tried that. I think I tried about everything I could think of. : \
Try my settings that is currently working with GMS2 IDE 2.2.0.343, Runtime 2.2.0.261, Android YYC, JDK,SDK,NDK settings at https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/issues-compiling-with-android-yyc.53865/#post-328260

If it still doesn't work, perhaps you also want to try to use those of my working settings on that post with your new blank/simple project (just some object or sprite) to see if it has something on your project/extension, to narrow the debug process. Good luck!

H

HW.

Just built with 261 no issues. Using ndk17c and the android settings in the screenshot below.

Note - I manually clean my cache and temp folders (delete all the files in them) before builds.
I wonder if you also tested the .261 and NDK 17c with the complete process as seen on the previous 16b "Excel table" spreadsheets, How is it doing now with the YYC and api 23, is it better setting now with NDK17c compared than the 16b? Thank you in advance :)
*Previous excel table as seen on another thread:
It's an API 23 issue any device running that won't be able to run - I've provided a test matrix our team ran on another thread. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CaynnuBiNucg6qmb6tLkLWGJ1LusSUTApLiUvv1bnzs/edit?usp=sharing

You can see yyc builds (using NDK16b) have this issue.
Does the YYC NDK17c and .261 with your current support library 27.1.1 setting result in "all green colored tables" (no issues (red colored table) a.k.a. all is working fine)?

I don't mind seeing a new spreadsheet if you want to do the new test. I really like that one specific post of yours, and imho that should be in a thread form instead of in a post to be easily searched by others.

Thank you for sharing the precious info (spreadsheet table) with the GMS community :) , i hope it will be useful for YoYo team to examine it too if there are any bugs on every next release and is useful for us who use GMS2 mobile module.

Just an idea, you might want to make a new forum thread with the new link to the setting tests so it is easier to be spotted for others who get problem with Android compiling? That could be a useful thread (i vote to be sticky by mod?) to be read by other module users and YoYo team on every new release which could minimize many of these similar Android issues threads lol... What do you think? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

spinout

Just built with 261 no issues. Using ndk17c and the android settings in the screenshot below.

Note - I manually clean my cache and temp folders (delete all the files in them) before builds.
I tried this. No luck. I also tried a fresh project with nothing in it, same error. It's something deeper.

Here is the output, it doesn't even make it that far:

11 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_11.png...
12 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_12.png...
13 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_13.png...
14 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_14.png...
15 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_15.png...
16 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_16.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
ClangExeLocation=D:\android-ndk-r17c\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\clang++.exe
Using NDKDir = D:\android-ndk-r17c
Using PlatformDir = D:\android-ndk-r17c\platforms\android-28
Using ARMToolChain = D:\android-ndk-r17c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64
saving file Y:/Core_Smash_93E08D4_YYC\Core Smash.droid
. Stop.
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=9011.5154
Stats : GMA : sp=348,au=6,bk=0,pt=0,sc=231,sh=1,fo=10,tl=0,ob=26,ro=1,da=0,ex=12,ma=3,fm=0x40C8B2DD7FBF27B1

This is only on YYC, VM works fine!
I've also tried a full uninstall, cleared out all GM2 data and fresh install, no luck!
I've tried change where my cache, and temp folders are, no luck!
I've tried every API setting.
Tried every NDK
Re-installed all my SDK's
...No luck

Seriously.... wtf

Last edited:
H

HW.

I tried this. No luck. I also tried a fresh project with nothing in it, same error. It's something deeper.

Here is the output, it doesn't even make it that far:

Writing Chunk... AUDO
ClangExeLocation=D:\android-ndk-r17c\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\clang++.exe
Using NDKDir = D:\android-ndk-r17c
Using PlatformDir = D:\android-ndk-r17c\platforms\android-28
Using ARMToolChain = D:\android-ndk-r17c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64
saving file Y:/Core_Smash_93E08D4_YYC\Core Smash.droid
. Stop.
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=9011.5154
Stats : GMA : sp=348,au=6,bk=0,pt=0,sc=231,sh=1,fo=10,tl=0,ob=26,ro=1,da=0,ex=12,ma=3,fm=0x40C8B2DD7FBF27B1

This is only on YYC, VM works fine!
I've also tried a full uninstall, cleared out all GM2 data and fresh install, no luck!
I've tried change where my cache, and temp folders are, no luck!
I've tried every API setting.
Tried every NDK
Re-installed all my SDK's
...No luck

Seriously.... wtf
I can feel your frustration man, because i know that the YYC is very essential for production release to have good performance which many app stores are recommending us to use the native codes (YYC) for the Android .apk.

I don't know what's exactly the problem with yours, as i and Jack S seem to be able to compile it on our systems with our settings shared in previous posts.

As you might be already aware of.... that this forum thread is only a community support and we tried to help you, but it does not replace YYG's normal bug reporting system, i really recommend you to report that bug as normal using http://www.yoyogames.com/bug

So YYG team can help you to investigate the problem from your error logs.

spinout

I can feel your frustration man, because i know that the YYC is very essential for production release to have good performance which many app stores are recommending us to use the native codes (YYC) for the Android .apk.

I don't know what's exactly the problem with yours, as i and Jack S seem to be able to compile it on our systems with our settings shared in previous posts.

As you might be already aware of.... that this forum thread is only a community support and we tried to help you, but it does not replace YYG's normal bug reporting system, i really recommend you to report that bug as normal using http://www.yoyogames.com/bug

So YYG team can help you to investigate the problem from your error logs.
Sounds like a plan! Thanks!

Jack S

Sounds like a plan! Thanks!
Your log shows you building against 28 still. Have you tried the build settings I gave you for 27?

Also - you might try running your GMS as administrator - and assuming windows 10 - make sure that you whitelist any processes windows defender blocks for it.

Jack S

I wonder if you also tested the .261 and NDK 17c with the complete process as seen on the previous 16b "Excel table" spreadsheets, How is it doing now with the YYC and api 23, is it better setting now with NDK17c compared than the 16b? Thank you in advance :)
*Previous excel table as seen on another thread:
Does the YYC NDK17c and .261 with your current support library 27.1.1 setting result in "all green colored tables" (no issues (red colored table) a.k.a. all is working fine)?
We've only had builds up for a bit and it's technically the weekend so my QA team only got a few hours of verification in on this runtime Friday. So far all combinations are working / loading correctly from the test matrix I posted when we were diagnosing the api23 error.

spinout

Your log shows you building against 28 still. Have you tried the build settings I gave you for 27?

Also - you might try running your GMS as administrator - and assuming windows 10 - make sure that you whitelist any processes windows defender blocks for it.
Tried administrator, still not go :(

I've tried every build setting possible, including yours exactly - Thanks for trying to help though!

Andrey

Hey,

So I can compile fine using the base compiler, but ever since the update (including the one with the hotfix) I keep getting the following error when trying to compile YYC for Android:

Hard to figure out this issue based off that. Any ideas?

Between that, the fact that the apps crash after every time the app loses focus and the texture groups failing on us. I sure hope we get a hotfix for these things and don't have to wait months. This always happens just before release comes up!
I have a similar problem. VM compiles perfectly and YYC comes out with:
Code:
.  Stop.
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=894,0511
Stats : GMA : sp=0,au=1,bk=0,pt=0,sc=0,sh=0,fo=1,tl=0,ob=1,ro=1,da=0,ex=0,ma=3,fm=0xB0004A000000

X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (2)
So far, no ideas there… :(

Ps7cho

any time i try and run my game connected to my phone as YYC it hangs on this.

U://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (1)

VM runs fine but when I go to compile it just sits on the gamemaker studio splash screen with this

Code:
10-14 11:22:28.502  9515  9560 I yoyo    : OpenGL ES-2.0 is supported: 196610
10-14 11:22:28.542  9515  9560 I yoyo    : onSurfaceChanged :: width=1920 height=1080
10-14 11:22:28.543  9515  9560 I yoyo    : State->Splash
10-14 11:22:28.553  9515  9560 I yoyo    : State->Splash    time: 1539534148553
10-14 11:22:28.553  9515  9560 I yoyo    : State->Splash endTime: 1539534148553
10-14 11:22:28.553  9515  9560 I yoyo    : State->APKExpansionDownload
10-14 11:22:28.635  9515  9515 I yoyo    : onWindowFocusChanged(true|false)
10-14 11:22:28.635  9515  9515 I yoyo    : Setting vis flags to 5894
10-14 11:22:28.667  9515  9515 I yoyo    : Setting vis flags to 5894
10-14 11:22:28.723  9515  9515 I yoyo    : Setting vis flags to 5894
10-14 11:22:28.824  9515  9515 I yoyo    : Setting vis flags to 5894
10-14 11:22:29.136  9515  9515 I yoyo    : Setting vis flags to 5894
10-14 11:22:29.167  9515  9515 I yoyo    : Setting vis flags to 5894
10-14 11:22:30.953  9894  9894 I AndroidRuntime: VM exiting with result code 0, cleanup skipped.

Last edited:
R

RogueAndWolf

After the latest update, i get a Asset Compile error (1) when compiling on to android YYC. windows Compiling is fine! but not android. Anyone got an idea on how to fix this? i am out of ideas and its frustrating! need a fix for it asap!

I Hope this can be fixed so if anyone else has this issue they can find the fix as well

Here is a full error log

"cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Game Dev\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0499994s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Game Dev\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 10/15/2018 15:08:49
"cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\Game Dev\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0479993s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\Game Dev\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" started at 10/15/2018 15:08:49
"cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.0.261"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0489989s for command "cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.0.261" started at 10/15/2018 15:08:49
Saving project to: E:\StuffUsuallyOnCDrive\Desktop\The Game\Dress Up Game 01 - Alex first\DressUp.yyp
"C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.0.261/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Game Dev\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Android Run

Loaded Macros from C:\Users\Game Dev\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\DressUp_E24FCFD7\macros.json
Options: X:/bin\platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: C:\Users\Game Dev\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\admin_1280256\local_settings.json
Options: C:\Users\Game Dev\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\DressUp_E24FCFD7\targetoptions.json
X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=6 /gn="DressUp" /td="Y:/" /cd="Z:/DressUp_E24FCFD7" /zpuf="C:\Users\Game Dev\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\admin_1280256" /m=llvm-android /tgt=8 /llvmSource="X://yyc/" /nodnd /cfg="default" /fU="Z:/DressUp_E24FCFD7\functionsUsed.txt" /o="Y:/DressUp_239FA443_YYC" /optionsini="Y:/DressUp_239FA443_YYC\options.ini" /baseproject="X:/BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "E:\StuffUsuallyOnCDrive\Desktop\The Game\Dress Up Game 01 - Alex first\DressUp.yyp" /v /preprocess="Z:/DressUp_E24FCFD7"
Reading project file....E:\StuffUsuallyOnCDrive\Desktop\The Game\Dress Up Game 01 - Alex first
Reading project file....X:\BaseProject
Reading config delta 'E:\StuffUsuallyOnCDrive\Desktop\The Game\Dress Up Game 01 - Alex first\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.

X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe DONE (0)
Release build
PlatformOptions
Options: Z:/DressUp_E24FCFD7\PlatformOptions.json
Options: Z:/DressUp_E24FCFD7\MainOptions.json
displayname
hostname
runtime
working dir: C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2
C:\Users\Game Dev\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb devices
OptionsIni
PlatformOptions
working dir: C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2
C:\Users\Game Dev\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb -s "PL2GARD831313552" shell getprop ro.product.cpu.abilist
X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=6 /gn="DressUp" /td="Y:/" /cd="Z:/DressUp_E24FCFD7" /zpuf="C:\Users\Game Dev\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\admin_1280256" /m=llvm-android /tgt=8 /llvmSource="X://yyc/" /nodnd /cfg="default" /fU="Z:/DressUp_E24FCFD7\functionsUsed.txt" /o="Y:/DressUp_239FA443_YYC" /optionsini="Y:/DressUp_239FA443_YYC\options.ini" /baseproject="X:/BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "E:\StuffUsuallyOnCDrive\Desktop\The Game\Dress Up Game 01 - Alex first\DressUp.yyp" /v /arch=54 /bt=exe
Reading project file....E:\StuffUsuallyOnCDrive\Desktop\The Game\Dress Up Game 01 - Alex first
Reading project file....X:\BaseProject
Reading config delta 'E:\StuffUsuallyOnCDrive\Desktop\The Game\Dress Up Game 01 - Alex first\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Writing Chunk... GEN8
option_game_speed=60
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... EMBI
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Texture Group - Default
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
1 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_1.png...
2 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_2.png...
3 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_3.png...
4 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_4.png...
5 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_5.png...
6 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_6.png...
7 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_7.png...
8 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_8.png...
9 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_9.png...
10 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_10.png...
17 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_17.png...
18 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_18.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Audio Group Effects
Writing Audio Group Music
ClangExeLocation=C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r17c\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\clang++.exe
Using NDKDir = C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r17c
Using PlatformDir = C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r17c\platforms\android-28
Using ARMToolChain = C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r17c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64
Using X86ToolChain = C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r17c\toolchains\x86-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64
Using ARM64ToolChain = C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r17c\toolchains\aarch64-linux-android-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64
Using X86_64ToolChain = C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r17c\toolchains\x86_64-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64
saving file Y:/DressUp_239FA443_YYC\DressUp.droid
C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r17c\ndk-build.cmd APP_STL=c++_shared APP_PLATFORM=android-14 APP_ABI="armeabi-v7a x86 arm64-v8a x86_64 " -j 6 NDK_LIBS_OUT="Y:/DressUp_239FA443_YYC/lib"
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=4284.9907
Stats : GMA : sp=321,au=10,bk=0,pt=0,sc=24,sh=0,fo=5,tl=0,ob=106,ro=5,da=3,ex=5,ma=31,fm=0x1000B21D4D7D2630

X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (1)

P

Predictbot

Is there anyway to workaround this while on Windows 7? I'm having the same exact problem.

P

Predictbot

I'm using Runtime 2.2.0.261 and it's still not working this moment, can someone guide me for a workaround?