GML Game lagging

T

tijeseffff

I have a small platform game which has 2 levels. And when I am in the first level everything is ok. But when moving to second level game is lagging
The second room has 1024 by 768 resolution and enabled views.
The Game resolution is 854 by 480.
I tried debugging but it shows nothing suspicious.

Last edited by a moderator:

sylvain_l

without more info it's a bit like trying to find a needle in the haystack in the dark ^^' (we can't know your code by magic)

is it lagging (I mean the fps drop how much)? - if not already put a "show_debug_overlay(true);" in the creation code of your rooms or at start of your game to see the fps.// or in the debugger what does it say for the fps, how much did it drop?
or do you handle the view with your code "poorly" and the movement of the view/camera isn't smooth or the camera movement and movement of player are interfering one with another ?
or something else?

T

tijeseffff

And I am using GameMaker: Studio v1.4.9999 nonSteam

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
If the profiler does not report any conclusive results, how are you concluding and verifying that your game is lagging? How does this effect manifest?

T

tijeseffff

If the profiler does not report any conclusive results, how are you concluding and verifying that your game is lagging? How does this effect manifest?
I can send you apk. And you will clearly see lagging in the 2nd level.

DukeSoft

Then check the profiler and see what is causing the "lag". (Lag means internet latency by the way, has nothing to do with slow framerates).

Can you maybe run the profiler for a bit on the 1st level, and the second level, and post a screenshot of the result here ? (ordered by percentage)

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Both screenshots indicate that there is no lag. If it was caused by something in your code, it would show up, so if you are experiencing any such effects, they are likely caused by external factors such as third-party software or the operating system.

T

tijeseffff

FIXED! FORGOT TO SET ROOM SPEED TO 60!
SORRY EVERYBODY :3