• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Licence key?

E

Emparans

Hey, I just downloaded Game Maker Studio 1.4, but it tells me that I need a license key. And if it is needed, how can I get one?
PD: I do not know if this "post" would have to be here

In that case, register to yoyogames.com, and use the email and password used to register in there when prompted by the IDE at launch.

K

Kanugane

You can simply register and at the products there should be a key/information for the trial version of game maker studio.

You can download a trial version of GMS 2.

GMS 1.4 licenses are no longer available, support for it has been discontinued.

If you previously had acquired a license key before it was made unavailable, you can still download it and use it.

Further info from this page:
https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/235626968-GM-S-1-X-Discontinued-FAQ

If I buy GameMaker Studio 2 do I get a version of GM:S 1.X?

No, GameMaker Studio 1.4 is no longer available and new customers no longer get a version when buying GameMaker Studio 2.

Can I still buy GM:S 1.X or any 1.X export modules?

There is no further official means to buy GameMaker: Studio 1.X or any of its export modules.

Can I access the Free version of GameMaker: Studio 1.X?

If you already own GameMaker: Studio 1.X, you can still access the software but no new user will be able to access GameMaker: Studio.