Gopnik2D - the hardbass platformer

B

b38b38b

Gopnik2D is the very first game I programm.
Currently we are 3 people working on this project, me ( programming ), YooxaZ ( design ) and
Starslav ( music, also on youtube).
It is my first game so I dont want to do any difficult mechanics and keep the game simple.
We are looking for new ideas and improvements.
So if you have any cool fresh ideas or find a bug, please let me know in the comments.

Download:

https://b38b38b.itch.io/gopnik2d

Controls:

Arrowkeys + Enter for Menu
WSAD to move
1,2 to change weapons
LMB to shoot
ESC to reset game
G for Grenades
Known bugs:

Turrets only explode when you are in range FIXED
Cant jump when too close on wall FIXED
Enemy sound bug FIXED
Stuck in moving plattforms
Game slower after you die FIXED
Shop not working properly

screenshot2.PNG semichki.png
Screenshot.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
B

b38b38b

Patch 0.0.0.1
- made level 1 easier
- new soundtrack for level 1
- reduced attackspeed of red towers
- added icons to the UI
- new menu background
- moved reset from R to ESC

New UI.PNG
overworldupdate.png

Last edited by a moderator:
B

b38b38b

Patch 0.0.0.2
- added new level
- completely new soundtrack
- reduced the volume of the music
- fixed the collision bug
- changed max ammo to 150

K

Kanugane

If that's a gopnik 2d game, shouldn't locations be more... similar to those where gopniks hang around? E.g - fighting other bands of gopniks, police forces and beating pedestrians?
Basically, here's an idea you could use: You start in your own region as a novice gopnik and move forth, 'gaining authority' by clearing levels/locations. First, in your hometown, then you move to others where you encounter different types of gopniks/culture.

Kepons

Lost The Bet
I rate this game 10 out of 10 semechki. It's good for a first game despite problems like getting stuck in moving platforms and levels generally being vast and empty. Keep on making games!

B

b38b38b

If that's a gopnik 2d game, shouldn't locations be more... similar to those where gopniks hang around? E.g - fighting other bands of gopniks, police forces and beating pedestrians?
Basically, here's an idea you could use: You start in your own region as a novice gopnik and move forth, 'gaining authority' by clearing levels/locations. First, in your hometown, then you move to others where you encounter different types of gopniks/culture.
Hey! Thanks for your post, the levels and the characters are just placeholders, I will change them as soon as I find a new artist :)
I will consider your idea when I start working on the story.