• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

OFFICIAL Marketplace Asset Sales - Feature

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Interesting, but somewhat puzzling. Could you expand a bit?

The first part of your comment seems clear: YoYoGames (we) plans to sell assets on the Marketplace.

But the second part is confusing. How would existing Marketplace publishers get involved? Are you talking about bundling assets from independent sellers?

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Ah sorry, details were not quite set in stone (and are still subject to change) but basically, we (YYG) are planning to gather a collection of assets from different publishers on the Marketplace and have a big featured page all on sale (probably around the festive season) while promoting the Marketplace more. This and a few other posts are just to gather interest in partnering for sale opportunities on the Marketplace. If you email or register any kind of interest we will be getting in touch with more solid details in the future. Sorry again for any confusion.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

GMWolf

aka fel666
Would this be a bundle of assets, or a special "Holliday season feature page"?

I may have to update some of my assets *thinking emoji*

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Themeing will probably be subjective to the number of interested parties. I don't see why we can't include theme assets and regular ones though :)

zbox

GMC Elder
Sounds interesting, you guys should put this out to publishers emails though; I'm not on the forums all that often anymore and this would have slipped by!

G

Guest User

Emailed. I am very interested in the idea, I hope it will make marketing easier, and of course, more profitable.