• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GM Studio 2 on sale (Steam)

S

Shazard Bansraj

GM Studio 2 is currently on sale on Steam!

I'm considering getting it but I know that (from GM Studio 1.4) it was better to purchase from the YYG website since that way you'd get the IDE which isn't bound to Steam. Is it the same with GM Studio 2?

S

Shazard Bansraj

I recall that you got a Steam key after making a purchase from YYG but not the standalone from a Steam purchase. Can YYG staff confirm?

B

Brandon Gale

Can you link a free account to the Steam license? I am using just a free account presently, but would like to consider buying from the steam sale if it allows me to link to my offline direct free account...

B

Brandon Gale

Can you link a free account to the Steam license? I am using just a free account presently, but would like to consider buying from the steam sale if it allows me to link to my offline direct free account...
I went ahead and bought the steam version that is for sale. It was a breeze to link the two accounts. My previously 'free-version' has been upgraded (allowing creating an executable for desktop and eliminating all pesky restrictions involved in the 'free-version'). I just thought I'd answer my own question just in case someone else was considering purchasing and wanted the extra boost. (There was concern, apparently, that in previous versions the Steam version of a waste of money).

I thought about it too isn't 33% off better than the upgrade price?
Yeah, the discount for upgrading the Creator's-License you mean? That discount would only be 30 percent. When you start considering some of those more expensive licenses (I really should have gotten the mobile one I reckon), that 3 percent difference might start to matter a bit I suppose.

rIKmAN

I thought about it too isn't 33% off better than the upgrade price?
The original upgrade discount was 40% for individual licence holders, and 50% for a Master Collection holders, and was reduced by 10% every few months over a period of around a year.

I believe this is the best discount since that original deal expired though.

W

WWAZman

I just bought my mobile edition.. but now it won't let me compile or build an apk.. something about not being able to find version 10.01 of java.. too tired of the crap, will deal with it another time.