• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Deep linking

Appsurd

Hi guys,

I have been looking into deep linking for my Android app. This means that the user should be able to open the application from the browser via a link. I've found the following Stackoverflow topic so I have added the following lines via 'Inject to AndroidManifest.xml' on the application level in a new extension
Code:
<intent-filter>
    <data android:scheme="your.scheme" />
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
</intent-filter>
You can find the AndroidManifest.xml in the cache, and I checked this code to be present inside an acitivity tag. I created a button with a link on my website, and when I click on it, nothing happens.

Now my question is, is this even possible with GM? And if so, how? Thanks in advance!

Maximiliano

It should be possible, I'm not sure if that extension would work though. You might have to code something yourself.

Appsurd

Thanks, will try Android first, and then investigate if iOS is possible as well. Anyone else having experience with this feature on iOS?