• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How can I print to screen from a script without using the DrawGUI Event

• Thread starter Vanavah Edwards
  • Start date
V

Vanavah Edwards

I find in order to print (draw) to the screen I have to use the DrawGUI event handler. I i just ust the script I find it does not work. However, if I just wanted to print to the screen from a script, how can I do that without using the DrawGUI Event which is not always convenient?

A

Aura

What do you mean? Please try to explain what you want to do in detail.

Also, you could simply run the script in one of the Draw events the way you'd do it in any other event. Is there something that you find difficult to understand?

Roa

uhh... gamemaker is set up for game design and doesnt work in the traditional "canvas printing" you're thinking about.

You can draw any object or element from any object in the draw event, or if you draw to the GUI event, you are drawing to a surface that overlays ontop of the game. What is it exactly that you are trying to draw?

V

Vanavah Edwards

What I just realize is that I have put the execute script in Draw GUI for it to work. But I only want to execute the Draw GUI script when the left mouse button is clicked. That would solved the problem. How do I tell the event to execute the Draw GUI only when the mouse is clicked.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vanavah Edwards

Thanks for your help. I will implement your suggestions.