• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android APP not running in some devices since 2.1.5

S

SeirLord Games

Hi community,

I have exported an Android YYC game and gave it to 16 testers, on the first version when me and other 3 runner the game, it shows a error message like "unable to find library for this devices, which is armv7l, ensure you have included the correct architecture in your apk"

At that version, I was exporting to architectures armv5 and armv7.

I updated a new version adding architecture arm64.

And it worked for 2 of us. Other 2 still having that problem.

This are my options:
Build tools: 27.0.0
Support library: 27.0.0
Target SDK: 27
Minimum SDK: 14
Compile SDK: 27

I tried to go back to previous runtime, but when I try to compile, it shows an error on every object, something like event_inherited, but I dont use that function on my objects.

K

Kjell

Also having this problem with my test-device (Nexus 7). Have updated all my SDK tools upto 27 and am using the same build options as SeirLord Games.
Think it has something to do with the runtime. As I'm having this problem since version 2.1.5.246
Anyone know a way to fix this?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Build with NDK/API level 16 rather than 17 - This is a known issue that will be fixed in a coming update.

Speederman

Build with NDK/API level 16 rather than 17 - This is a known issue that will be fixed in a coming update.
Sorry, but using NDK 16b doesn't solve the problem to me... I started having this issue with NDK 14b and then changed to 16b with no luck. I've also tried different SDK versions with the same results.

If I compile without YYC, it works fine...

The device I'm having problems with is a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet...

Last edited:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
@Speederman : Hello! You'll have to file a bug report with YYG abou this I think (include the compiler output from the console as well please)... Afaik, all other API's should be fine.

S

SeirLord Games

@Speederman : Hello! You'll have to file a bug report with YYG abou this I think (include the compiler output from the console as well please)... Afaik, all other API's should be fine.
Yes, I sent them a report but they say that is not error using NDK 16, and I am using it and still getting error. Loosing lot of potential users with this error, hope they solve it soon

Pushloop

Hoping this will be fixed soon, in the meantime rolled back and trying old builds, but nothing seems to works anymore, catch 22 lol. Anyone got an old build setup that works with ndk 16?

Pushloop

At least I got my old setup running on 2.14, ndk16, 26, 14, 26. All the mips and arms inclued,and also running on my Nexus (which is known for api 23 issues). It took some cleaning and even restarting to get the .apk built and running, but it finally works again..

Jack S

Hoping this will be fixed soon, in the meantime rolled back and trying old builds, but nothing seems to works anymore, catch 22 lol. Anyone got an old build setup that works with ndk 16?
This is fixed now in 2.2 with the latest runtime 261

Reactions: HW.
F

Flighter1990

I have GMS 1.4.9999 and also have the same problem on android 6.0 and 6.0.1 devices. How to fix that? BTW in GMS 1.4.1760 everything works fine. I used Android NDK 16 and 15.