• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - GML Visual (Sound) Sound Editing window won't open in workspace

I

Iliad

Working through the GM2 tutorial. When I try to create sound using the option from the resources menu, no window opens in my workspace. Essentially, I cannot access the sound editor. The windows open for every other type of resource. I've scoured the internet and haven't found any solution for this anywhere.

What can I do to fix this? There's no way to add sound or music to my game if the window won't open.

T

toastedcheezer

Working through the GM2 tutorial. When I try to create sound using the option from the resources menu, no window opens in my workspace. Essentially, I cannot access the sound editor. The windows open for every other type of resource. I've scoured the internet and haven't found any solution for this anywhere.

What can I do to fix this? There's no way to add sound or music to my game if the window won't open.
I am also having this issue, and it has become a real roadblock in my development. Please let me know if you find a fix to this, and I'll do the same for you, if you'd like. Thanks!

I got a response in the thread I made... Hopefully this helps you!
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...on-edit-on-the-sound-items.51690/#post-316351

EDIT: Iliad- I just updated my OSX to High Sierra and my Sound Editor is now opening. Maybe this is your issue as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Brandon Gale

I am having this same issue. I am using Windows 7 on a pc. Creating a sound does not open a window to allow importing the sound etc...