• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Tabs

M

Misty

Got a cheap 200 dollar computer. Want a 500 dollar computer but the pawnshop only has 300 dollar computers, and best buy has 500 dollar computers but they are not good.

My 200 dollar computer (from 2014) was better than my last 500 dollar computer (from 2010).

Both are laptops and only want laptops.

I have about 30 to 50 tabs open then the lag begins.

I am wondering with people with high end machines (like alienwares) can browse 100 tabs with no lag.

RollyBug

The number of tabs you can have open at once is mostly reliant on the amount of RAM installed. When it's all filled up you start using your much slower hard drive (page files / virtual memory) instead. Past this it could be your CPU or hard drive or a combination of the three.

I love Chrome to bits, but it does tend to eat your RAM. It works well for me because I hate to have any more than five to ten tabs open at a time and benefit from all of the caching it runs.

If you're looking for a solution monitor Task Manager while under this sort of load and find the most obvious bottleneck(s).