• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows I think my sprites arent loading in my game after this GMS2 update

Ladi_Pix3l

Title says it all. I launch my game and get a black screen (weird).
I have a room that initializes my startup variable and goes to next room immediately. So I switch to a basic room with a green background a few non important object in it. Still no visuals. . .(super weird)

Restarted my computer several times, Reinstalled the program 3 times and forgot to put jelly on my toast

HELP!!!!!!!

rIKmAN

Title says it all. I launch my game and get a black screen (weird).
I have a room that initializes my startup variable and goes to next room immediately. So I switch to a basic room with a green background a few non important object in it. Still no visuals. . .(super weird)

Restarted my computer several times, Reinstalled the program 3 times and forgot to put jelly on my toast

HELP!!!!!!!
If you create a new empty project and change the background colour to something other than the default, does it display correctly when you run it?
If you then add a sprite and re-run it does that work as expected?
If you then add an object - does that work?

Basically, try and isolate the issue.

Ladi_Pix3l

Yeah I ran a new project and it works fine. Even my other projectsI have run fine. Just one I'm currently working on.
I took your advice and added a new sprite to the project and it shows so just the previous sprites in the project don't

rIKmAN

Yeah I ran a new project and it works fine. Even my other projectsI have run fine. Just one I'm currently working on.
I took your advice and added a new sprite to the project and it shows so just the previous sprites in the project don't
Are they the same sprites or different ones?

Maybe the projects sprite data got corrupted somehow - do you work from Dropbox or Onedrive or something similar?

M

MarceloP

Hello @Ladi_Pix3l,

Could you further explain what you do in your initial room? Are there only variables being initialized with constant values?
In your second room: Does this simple objects have any code in them? Are they set to visible and have draw events/codes?

Let us know of the code part, because it seems to be something related to what those objects/scripts may be doing, since an empty project run without problems and empty objects/sprites also appeared without problems =X

Ladi_Pix3l

So my initial room states variables like and creates a music instance like so...
Code:
globalvar curStage;
globalvar subLevel;
globalvar curApples;
globalvar allApples;
globalvar curMelons;
globalvar allMelons;
globalvar curKeys;
globalvar curLives;
globalvar iBigKey;
globalvar myScore;
globalvar cChoice;
globalvar curDiff;
globalvar mVolume;
globalvar sVolume;
globalvar conScenes;
globalvar bossKeys;
globalvar diaryPages;
curStage = 0;
subLevel = 1;
curApples = 0;
curMelons = 0;
allApples = 0;
allMelons = 0;
curKeys = 1;
curLives = 5;
iBigKey = false;
myScore = 0;
cChoice = 1;
curDiff = 0;
mVolume = 0;
sVolume = 0.2;
conScenes = false;
bossKeys = 0;
diaryPages = 0;
global.nextLevel = 1;
global.resseting = false;
instance_create_depth(0,0,-1000,oCameraS1);
instance_create_layer(0,0,"Stuff",oMusic);
randomize();
room_goto_next();

But I made a new room that I place right before that one and placed objects in it. a bunch of ones that were already made and a new object with a scribble for its srpite that I just made.
The scribble was the only thing that appeared

Z

zendraw

did you try to open your old sprites? sometimes game maker bugs out and doesnt load the sprites and you have to reload them manually again... try that, im sure it will get fixed.

P

PhenomenalDev

Open your projects folder and navigate to the sprites directory and post a sprite's file and corresponding image from the images directory and that will show if it's an issue with the sprites being corrupted.

Ladi_Pix3l

did you try to open your old sprites? sometimes game maker bugs out and doesnt load the sprites and you have to reload them manually again... try that, im sure it will get fixed.
Sorry. . .no results :(

Open your projects folder and navigate to the sprites directory and post a sprite's file and corresponding image from the images directory and that will show if it's an issue with the sprites being corrupted.
So post the .yy and .png file here?

Z

zendraw

post few png`s. if theyr not corrupted then you shuld contact yoyo.

M

Misty

I had this problem too. When I imported a gmez I got a black screen. Turns out my room0 was the default first room overriding the rooms I imported.

Ladi_Pix3l

They couldn't find the reason either. got instant response with basically stating check you project files..... WHICH IS TOTAL BS because This only started happening when I updated the freggin software