• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Gms 1.4 unable to obtain valid license upon opening.

M

Mochi

i dont know where else to ask this, but here it is.

everytime i open gms 1.4, it tells me it cant obtain a valid license. i went into my profile and had it resend me my old license key and entering that, it still gives the same license validation message.

does anyone know what might cause this?

S

sano_214

I created an account (very new to game maker, and to forums) just to ask the same thing!!! I hope someone answers!

J

jmescotet

i dont know where else to ask this, but here it is.

everytime i open gms 1.4, it tells me it cant obtain a valid license. i went into my profile and had it resend me my old license key and entering that, it still gives the same license validation message.

does anyone know what might cause this?
I'm in the exact same situation too!! There's something we can do?

This is quite the issue indeed. I came here to create a thread, but it looks like this isn't a problem specific to me.
I couldn't find a way to contact support, but I hope this gets fixed very quickly... :/ :(

Luckily for me, this hasn't happened on my laptop, so I can continue working. Still, even for me, it's inconvenient to not be able to use my desktop pc, and as you can see, some others can't use GameMaker Studio at all at the moment.

M

Mochi

hm, i dont know about you guys, but maybe it was a problem with their servers? i was actually able to open it this time.

Reactions: 607
YYG were suffering from a DDOS attack in the last day or so, and they said that even though it wasn't affecting GMS2 users it was affecting some GMS1.x users. I would suspect that was the issue.

Reactions: 607
S

shamoo01

This is still happening as I can't use GMS 1.4 anymore, plus I no longer see any license codes under my account, is anyone else having the same problems still ?

L

Lullyph

This is still happening as I can't use GMS 1.4 anymore, plus I no longer see any license codes under my account, is anyone else having the same problems still ?
Yup... Same thing is happening to me. Was working perfectly fine yesterday, can't use it at all today and my license codes are gone...

R

RedZip

Thought I was going nuts. Was working in gamemaker and then all of a sudden unable to obtain license key.

A

AkoCruz

Is still a problem for me. And i cant find a way to contact support, other than this.

R

RedZip

It's back. But it won't compile.

Edit- For those that are having issues with it not compiling. Re-install.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lullyph

I'm still having some problems...
Have uninstalled and re-installed a few times, but cannot compile.
Keeps saying something about "Missing Tools Detected" as well.
At least I can work on my project and run the game though...

N

name123456

This is unacceptable, you cannot have a professional software suite randomly stop working until the staff get around to consider fixing it, we loose days of work and god knows how much money, I'm so sorry for those studios with employees who now have to idle away because they can't work.

Yoyo ltd must remove the DRM feature from their engine as soon as possible, you cannot use the same justifications that you would for consumer products, it causes more than just an inconvenience when it fails and it seems to fail frequently because this happened to scores of people just last month and it still hasn't been resolved. I demand a DRM removal update, no other form of compensation is suitable since the loss of work and progress must not only be gauged against the entirety of the customer's economic endeavor, their livelihoods and ambitions looking forward, outside a court of law, but that it is different for all parties involved.

You must remove your drm, whatever drawback you think you might incur from this is solely your problem, yoyo.

M

Master Summoner

I am also having the "Unable to obtain valid license" prompt at the welcome screen. Has there been any solution to this? I cannot work on my projects in this state.

Edit: I am on GMS 1.4x

C

crazybloodmonkey

well i'm glad i'm not the only one experiencing this man this giving me a lot of anxiety i've been working on my game on and off for a little bit over a year so this is something i really didn't need i mean i guess i could just download gm2 i mean there's a free version of that too right but i'm just so used to 1.4 that it would feel kind of weird to finish the game in 2 hopefully this problem gets fixed i mean i made an account but it still won't let me in....honestly i'm not sure how i had game maker on my computer and was receiving emails from yoyo if i never made an account but apparently i didn't i guess a couple of years ago you could just download the free version of the engine and not have to make an account?

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
what do we label the problem as i want to categorize it correctly but i don't know what type of problem it is.
If you can not login via the site either (say, it throws you an error when trying to do that), as a site issue. Otherwise as the according IDE issue.

To anyone having this problem I'd strongly suggest to try logging in via site first to see if it's that GDPR thing where YYG is no longer allowed to process your account info unless you fill out whatever few extra bits that are now required from them.

F

feili

As you guys stoped talking about this: has it been solved for you? For me it's been over a month now that the GMS1.4 licenses disappeared from my account. Contacted support twice (under 'Purchases') but never got any response...