• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Weird gamespeed problem (fullscreen / windowed)

M

Mikael.K

Hey.

My game runs fine and as expected when in windowed mode. But causing weird speed problems when entering fullscreen mode.

The problem i have is - when going fullscreen while test running the game from the IDE the gamespeed is slowed down alot. Feels like 5 fps. While still in fullscreen - if i alt-tab out and back again the problems goes away.
When i create an exe and run the game outside of the IDE and go fullscreen the gamespeed is sped up alot. Feels like it's running at twice the speed or higher. Again, while still in fullscreen - if i alt-tab out and back again the problems goes away.

I don't think it's a performance or resolution problem. It's a fullscreen problem. The real_fps is above 4000 at all times.

What could be causing this problem when entering fullscreen?

PC
WIN 10 64bit
i7 - 6700k
GTX 1080
16gb ram

Electros

Hey.

My game runs fine and as expected when in windowed mode. But causing weird speed problems when entering fullscreen mode.

The problem i have is - when going fullscreen while test running the game from the IDE the gamespeed is slowed down alot. Feels like 5 fps. While still in fullscreen - if i alt-tab out and back again the problems goes away.
When i create an exe and run the game outside of the IDE and go fullscreen the gamespeed is sped up alot. Feels like it's running at twice the speed or higher. Again, while still in fullscreen - if i alt-tab out and back again the problems goes away.

I don't think it's a performance or resolution problem. It's a fullscreen problem. The real_fps is above 4000 at all times.

What could be causing this problem when entering fullscreen?

PC
WIN 10 64bit
i7 - 6700k
GTX 1080
16gb ram
Have you checked your current refresh rate setting for your monitor? I have had some issues if my laptop has gone into a power saving mode which drops it to 40Hz, and v-sync goes with it.

M

MarceloP

Seems as if your issue is the same as this one, except for the fact that yours slows down, instead of speeding up.

P

psyke

One friend of mine told me that he had the same issue with a 144hertz monitor. Did YYG said anything about that particular issue?

EDIT: in his case, the game runs very very fast.

One friend of mine told me that he had the same issue with a 144hertz monitor. Did YYG said anything about that particular issue?

EDIT: in his case, the game runs very very fast.
This problem does persist on both my 144hz monitor and 120hz, speeding up the game. I wonder what people using delta time experience with this?

Yong

Sounds like it might be the same issue some players have reported with the just released Death's Gambit.