• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Failed to load resource

B

basement ape

Failed to load resource views\6efe6<long string of hexadecimals>.yy

Ever since I updated to 2.1.5 I've been getting this little error pop-up on loading my project. It doesn't seem to impact anything but I'd still like to get rid of it. I've read that people have been able to fix it by deleting a key in project.yyp but I have no idea what that key is or how to access it. Can anyone help?

M

MarceloP

Hello @basement ape,

I had a similar issue, and did exactly what you said you heard around here. Make a backup of your project, open project.yyp inside a code editor, open this editor finder and look for "6efe6<long string of hexadecimals>". You'll likely find something like:

Code:
        {
            "Key": "6efe6<long string of hexadecimals>",
            "Value": {
                "id": "1c18f<another long string of hexadecimals>",
                "resourcePath": "views\\6efe6<long string of hexadecimals>.yy",
                "resourceType": "GMFolder"
            }
        },
Then, having a backup, you can easily remove this from the file (pay attention to the comma at the end, and verify after deleting if your JSON is still valid using any webtool). After this removal, you can open your project and get no errors BUT, usually things like this means your project may have deleted a whole view from your project's resource manage. Which means it's good to have a pretty good look at all your assets and groups, to see if everything is still there and well organized.

I hope I've helped...

B

basement ape

It worked, ah yih. I'm not sure what went wrong here but nothing seems to be missing or malfunctioning so I guess everything's okay. Thanks for the help :))

kupo15

Hello @basement ape,

I had a similar issue, and did exactly what you said you heard around here. Make a backup of your project, open project.yyp inside a code editor, open this editor finder and look for "6efe6<long string of hexadecimals>". You'll likely find something like:

Code:
        {
            "Key": "6efe6<long string of hexadecimals>",
            "Value": {
                "id": "1c18f<another long string of hexadecimals>",
                "resourcePath": "views\\6efe6<long string of hexadecimals>.yy",
                "resourceType": "GMFolder"
            }
        },
Then, having a backup, you can easily remove this from the file (pay attention to the comma at the end, and verify after deleting if your JSON is still valid using any webtool). After this removal, you can open your project and get no errors BUT, usually things like this means your project may have deleted a whole view from your project's resource manage. Which means it's good to have a pretty good look at all your assets and groups, to see if everything is still there and well organized.

I hope I've helped...
Hi, what code editor do I open with or what do you recommend? I have the similar problem

resource load failure.png

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out with Notepad++. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been suffering from this on loading for a while! :D

Maybe you can help with a related issue I've been having? Every time I create a group in the Included Folders, the next time I open up the project it gets renamed to group0. Seems to not be able to hold my folder names only in the included files

Last edited: