• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

OFFICIAL Welcome to the new Forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

connorhawke

Looks good, but was expecting old content to be migrated, which would be helpful as there was a ton of invaluable information on the community. If it's not migrated down the road then would make sense if gmc.yoyogames.com remained read-only for this reason. (I realise it's read-only at the moment, but then again, the sandbox community - and the sandbox itself - didn't take too long to disappear; just saying.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that I'm really liking the new style. I (like many others I guess) was having withdrawal symptoms from no forum. And I think I had managed to get through all of the YouTube tutorials and guides that I could find, so really glad to be back here.

:D

M

Moonvalk

Dope! I've been missing you guys. Thanks for finally getting this working!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Looks good, but was expecting old content to be migrated, which would be helpful as there was a ton of invaluable information on the community. If it's not migrated down the road then would make sense if gmc.yoyogames.com remained read-only for this reason. (I realise it's read-only at the moment, but then again, the sandbox community - and the sandbox itself - didn't take too long to disappear; just saying.)
The sandbox was around for a good few YEARS before it disappeared... and I expect the old GMC archive to be around for a lot longer than that... ;)

can I have my warning points back I grew fond of them
If you want I can just ban you right now and be done with it? :p

Ehsan

Pirates vs Clones
Good . I was waiting for gmc to get back up and running before i started deving again. But now the gmc up! Lemme hype first!!1

Lumenflower

Yellow Dog
I hadn't realised how much I'd miss these forums until they disappeared! While I didn't post much in the sunset days of the old forums, I kept up with developing and came to visit looking for inspiration and programming tips. It's good to see so many familiar faces.

R

rhombus

It's great to see the new forums are up at last. The old GMC was both a great community and a fantastic dev resource, so I'm excited to see that things are back in action.

Nallebeorn

Did someone a few pages back post a celebratory Hitler image or have I lost my mind?
Guess we'll never know. WELCOME BACK!
dont mind me, just testing if we can quote multiple messages

Edit: well that's weird. seems like we cant
Yeah, XenForo has apparently declared war on nested quotes, though they're still possible if you use the +Quote button and manually place the quotes inside each other..... But in that case, it's both easier and in most cases probably more readable to just insert the relevant quotes below each other, if you even need multiple levels.

Ehsan

Pirates vs Clones
The sandbox was around for a good few YEARS before it disappeared... and I expect the old GMC archive to be around for a lot longer than that... ;)
Since we're in that subject, why isn't there any results from previous gmc in the google searches. I used to get my answers via google, now I have to go to specific forums.

Lukasmah

Goodbye, negative rep. I miss you already. It was fun watching people complain about it.

Last edited:
A

Andy

It's great to see the new forums are up, I am happy to see you all again. :)

RujiK

I can't see if a post is liked or not?! So I have to decide for myself?? :(

EDIT: Nevermind, you can still see, just no green rectangle.

Last edited:
W

Will

Great to have the forums back! I'm excited to share what I've been working on in the meantime! :)

S

Spikehead777

Neat.

I've been waiting for this day for a very long time. Now I exist again!

V

Valkyrie Swift

New forum huh? Looks good, hopefully it will be less confusing and i can stick around this time, too easy to get lost in the last one ;)

Mr Magnus

Viking King
Oh, how glad I am to be back. Never thought I'd miss this place so much. I haven't had my GMC Jam fix in weeks, the withdrawals are piling up! I've had nobody to shove my favorite video upon!

But in all seriousness, it is absolutely wonderful to be back in this community. Hello everybody, nice to see you all again, both the regulars and newcomers.

Yeah, and it only took a three month hiatus and a forum reset that allowed Nocturne to save face after implementing a change he argued against and called impossible to implement for like a year and a half straight. Thanks, Nocturne! ;)

Also: No downvoting sucks. Reply button and reply count hidden for statuses sucks. Messy and distracting tags are useful, but ugly. Any chance of getting these things changed without getting the GMC shut down for another six months? One of the reasons this forum software was chosen was for "ease of customization," right? Heheheh. ;P

Edit: Tags moved to the right of the thread name. Much better!:D

Also also: Hello again, everybody!:D

Last edited:
I hated the ability to neg rep posts. Too easy to get tied up into neg rep wars.

The GMC was the only site I had ever seen where a good contributor could be neg repped out of the forums because the 'power players' didn't like someone.

It made for a very ugly place.

I am sure the new forums will be a much nicer place as a result of its removal.

FWIW - I had around 800 positive rep. So, I wasn't one of the victims as such. But you can't help but looking at someone with negative rep in the red and disliking them as a result. Once someone was in the red, there was no coming back for them.

The 'neg' rep system has the ability to turn a great person into a troll just because the were pushed into the red. Once they were there, there was no redeeming them. Resulting in endless duplicate accounts etc...

Good riddance to neg rep, I say :)
I never saw ONE person on the old forums with a negative rep score who wasn't amazingly stupid, a total jerk, or both. None of those people would've been liked even if a mod had set their rep to a million, haha. ;P

And I'd rather get pulled into a negative rep war than a negative insult war, but getting pulled into either one is something we can only blame ourselves for, anyway. It takes two sides for a wasteful fight to occur.

Not that it matters, anyway. Nocturne already said it was impossible to add a rep widget without everyone's passwords getting stolen again a few pages back. Looks like I'll have to wait another ten years for the next batch of forum changes. X'D

Ragster

Glad to see the forum's online again. I shall now begin posting the 543467 questions I had about GM:S in the past months.

Duffymoon

Good to see the new GMC is up and running. I'm hoping that I can be more active here than the old GMC.
I just have one question.
Will we get the opportunity to have our Member Title changed, like we were able to in the old GMC?

X

x105

Happy to see the forums. I was wondering how much longer it would take.

Status
Not open for further replies.