• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

cant compile apk on laptop

RizbIT

ive installs android sdk manager and its upto date

ive installed java

i checked in gms android preferences and its says OK for both android sdk and ndk

when i go to compile i get

Code:
* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':uk.rizbit.beatdrop'.
> You have not accepted the license agreements of the following SDK components:
[Android SDK Build-Tools 23.0.1].
Before building your project, you need to accept the license agreements and complete the installation of the missing components using the Android Studio SDK Manager.
Alternatively, to learn how to transfer the license agreements from one workstation to another, go to http://d.android.com/r/studio-ui/export-licenses.html
how do i fix this

O.Stogden

Hello,

You need to accept the licenses through your SDK manager.

Android Licenses.JPG

Go through command prompt and navigate to where your Android SDK is, then navigate to your tools/bin folder, then run sdkmanager.bat with the argument --licenses

This will then review the licenses and prompt you to accept, just type "y" and hit enter over and over until all licenses are accepted, it should fix your problem.

RizbIT

Doesnt work:

Code:
B:\android-sdk\tools\bin>sdkmanager.bat --licenses
Error: Unknown argument --licenses
Usage:
  sdkmanager [--uninstall] [<common args>] \
    [--package_file <package-file>] [<packages>...]
  sdkmanager --update [<common args>]
  sdkmanager --list [<common args>]

In its first form, installs, or uninstalls, or updates packages.
    <package> is a sdk-style path (e.g. "build-tools;23.0.0" or
             "platforms;android-23").
    <package-file> is a text file where each line is a sdk-style path

O.Stogden

Seems like your Android SDK (23.0.0) doesn't use the same arguments, mine is a more recent build and it works with that...

T

The Shatner

Hey RizbIT!
I believe that the best way to avoid this kind of problem is to use Google's Android Studio as the caretaker for everything Android. Just open it once a week and let it update.
It downloads SDKs and whatever else you need in order to make Android apps, and leaves it always functional and updated (as long as you agree with their service and privacy policies, of course).

W

Wraithious

Yep, as @The Shatner said the fast and painless way is to use Android Studio to do it, simply open android studio, click configure on the bottom right of the window and select sdk manager, then in sdk tools select the sdk components and hit apply, agree to the licences and you are done.
Clipboard03.png

Also you should be using sdk tools 26.0.0 or higher, if you don't you can't upload your project to google play because you have to target sdk 26 or higher as per the new google play rules and regulations. And if you're using any google play api's, ads, analytics also get all the google tools.