Legacy GM Parents broke

Shavv

Heey,

i have an issue for a long time now i haven't been able to figure out.

I was working on a project everyday for the past 2 weeks and suddenly one day my parents didn't work anymore breaking the whole project. Exporting doesn't help, i tried importing it to GameMaker 2 and that crashed before it even before the import was complete. I think its a GameMaker studio bug.

What happened:
Code:
- Make parent
- Make parent variables
- In child, use event_inherited()
- Doesn't get the variables of the parent.
I really been able to do anything about this and its stopping my progress. Maybe im missing something and would like to ask for help because i am clueless.

Download link to project: https://mega.nz/#!ttphFJSZ!8NLV2EwVBMQXHaOCm12JHyMMdjG_rA10bxHcgDR4dNk
Code:
Project Info:

- Parent object: UNIT
- Children objects: Any of the unit troops except dummy

- Spawn units with numlock 1,2,3,4

Thank you so much for your help.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Please post the code of the objects. Your explanation of what the code does may not match what it actually does.

Shavv

Please post the code of the objects. Your explanation of what the code does may not match what it actually does.
To my information it fits perfectly with what the code does. I even put a link to the project file. But here it is:

UNIT PARENT:
create event
Code:
mouse_mask=mask_index
UNIT CHILD (unit_demon_1):
create event
Code:
event_inherited()
ERROR:

Shavv

To my information it fits perfectly with what the code does. I even put a link to the project file. But here it is:

UNIT PARENT:
create event
Code:
mouse_mask=mask_index
UNIT CHILD (unit_demon_1):
create event
Code:
event_inherited()
ERROR:
INFO: SELECTABLE is the parent of the UNIT parent for the unit_demon_1

Relic

Does seem odd. Double check unit demon 1 is a child of unit parent and not a child of SELECTABLE.