Arnod City [city builder]

Dagolard

Hello Friends.

After shipping Pixel Beef Battle we are working on our new game "Arnods City" (which is only the Project Name).
It's in a pretty early state but i want to show it to you and get some thoughts about the style and in general if you guys are interested in this sort of games.
Essentially it's a City Builder game with some sort of subtle story telling (which will be one of our USPs)
First it will release on Steam but Consoles could be possible too

Here are some gif's

if you want to see more and longer Gifs, we are happy about everyone following us on twitter :)
https://twitter.com/SlimeKingGames

ArnodsCity01 - MidLevelTown.gif ArnodsCity03 - MidLevelTown.gif ArnodsCity02 - MidLevelTown.gif

ikonhero

I love it when people make things like this in game maker. Very nice visual style as well. (There's a little glitch with the yellow car driving in front of the house on the left).
What kind of AI features do you plan to have in this game? I assume the simulation aspect of such a game can be quite a challenge.

Dagolard

I love it when people make things like this in game maker. Very nice visual style as well. (There's a little glitch with the yellow car driving in front of the house on the left).
What kind of AI features do you plan to have in this game? I assume the simulation aspect of such a game can be quite a challenge.
thx :).
Yeah there are still lot of bugs and glitches in the game like the car. started with the game about 2 month ago and only in my free time after work when my son is in the bed :D.
anyways so far i have no reall AI except of the cars and that is super simple. At the moment I try to fake it as good as possible :).... not sure yet if there will be NPC citys or stuff like that, that nead a lot of AI.

Edit: oh wait no the dinosaurs and the sheeps have AI as well... that was a little bit to code but the AI is fairly simple

ikonhero

thx :).
Yeah there are still lot of bugs and glitches in the game like the car. started with the game about 2 month ago and only in my free time after work when my son is in the bed :D.
anyways so far i have no reall AI except of the cars and that is super simple. At the moment I try to fake it as good as possible :).... not sure yet if there will be NPC citys or stuff like that, that nead a lot of AI.

Edit: oh wait no the dinosaurs and the sheeps have AI as well... that was a little bit to code but the AI is fairly simple
Sounds good. I remember playing sim city 2000. There was lots of stuff going on, like land value, also in relation to crime pollution and what have you. The higher the land value, the bigger the buildings! Anyway, keep it up and let us know if we can try your game.