• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Unable to do anything with just bought license

Shavv

Just put in some sprites and a room with just one object in it what does nothing. Having a error everytime cant run the game or do anything, same with the provided yoyogames examples on the site. Nothing works.

Had to install Visual Studio 17
Had to, for whatever reason, import a steam sdk, went through the trouble to do it.

Still doesn't work? Just bought it and then this happens?

"cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Shavv\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

subst wordt niet herkend als een interne
of externe opdracht, programma of batchbestand.
elapsed time 00:00:00.0340020s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Shavv\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 07/24/2018 23:22:35
Saving project to: G:\Projects2\Moonshine\Moonshine.yyp
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Shavv\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run

Loaded Macros from C:\Users\Shavv\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Moonshine_E75D1613\macros.json
Options: C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218\bin\platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: C:\Users\Shavv\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\Reapingshaddovv_37335\local_settings.json
Options: C:\Users\Shavv\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Moonshine_E75D1613\targetoptions.json
C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=4 /gn="Moonshine" /td="C:\Users\Shavv\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" /cd="Z:\Moonshine_E75D1613" /zpuf="C:\Users\Shavv\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\Reapingshaddovv_37335" /m=llvm-win /tgt=64 /llvmSource="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218/yyc/" /nodnd /cfg="default" /o="C:\Users\Shavv\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\Moonshine_44ACCC63_YYC" /sh=True /optionsini="C:\Users\Shavv\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\Moonshine_44ACCC63_YYC\options.ini" /cvm /baseproject="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218\BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "G:\Projects2\Moonshine\Moonshine.yyp" /preprocess="Z:\Moonshine_E75D1613"

C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (-532462766)
elapsed time 00:00:03.0611751s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Shavv\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 07/24/2018 23:22:35
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d

subst wordt niet herkend als een interne
of externe opdracht, programma of batchbestand.
elapsed time 00:00:00.0340020s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 07/24/2018 23:22:38
FAILED: Run Program Complete

G

Ggd07

Hello.

Check this topic maybe?

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/subst-is-not-recognized-as-a-command-resolved.39672/

Or here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/214850/discussions/0/333656722983782032/

I just googled those things by translating your compiler log, and found those threads and a couple of more even. Just google what error you have and you might quickly find a solution instead of waiting on the forums for a reply, of course, if the problem is not more serious or you have a different question.

Shavv

You don't need to install Visual Studio 17 if you not use YYG from what I understand ?
It said that i needed and Visual studio and Steam SDK even tho i am not targetting that platform.

Hello.

Check this topic maybe?

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/subst-is-not-recognized-as-a-command-resolved.39672/

Or here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/214850/discussions/0/333656722983782032/

I just googled those things by translating your compiler log, and found those threads and a couple of more even. Just google what error you have and you might quickly find a solution instead of waiting on the forums for a reply, of course, if the problem is not more serious or you have a different question.
I found those topics to and i have no idea what the first topic is about with the system 32, and the other one is android related.

gnysek

OK, I'm not using Steam Version, and never had any problems so... maybe try standalone non-steam version? People seem to have problem with this one.

gnysek

I don't speak Dutch, but it seems that your system is lacking of "subst" command for CMD. So, maybe try to run GMS as administrator? Or what Windows version you're using? Also, maybe try to disable antivirus for a moment?

rIKmAN

I found those topics to and i have no idea what the first topic is about with the system 32, and the other one is android related.
Well you need to make some effort to understand it, because that will will fix your issue if subst is in the usual location on your system.

Ggd07 already posted a link to a post with the information you need.
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...ized-as-a-command-resolved.39672/#post-244335

If you don't know how to check your environment variables, check this page for instructions on how to view/edit them.
https://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Shavv

I did make some effort to it, and i put the path file into it, both user and system path. But im still getting the same error.

Maybe this helps a bit with the problem

It seems to always refer to a Z drive, but I don't even have a Z drive.

EDIT: Moonshine is the project name.

The Z drive is a temporary drive that is mapped by GMS2 automatically. These temporary mapped drives get created and removed automatically by the IDE. They were needed due to people having log folder paths to their projects which broken because of the folder path restrictions in Windows (which may not be a problem anymore in Win10 - but the drive mapping is still there).

rIKmAN

I did make some effort to it, and i put the path file into it, both user and system path. But im still getting the same error.

Maybe this helps a bit with the problem

EDIT: Moonshine is the project name.
Try compiling an empty room project.