• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion 3 weeks in Q3 and no Q2 update?!

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I guess everyone knows by now we all have to accept the schedule imposed by YYG on updates (they are to be expected 3 months apart and never less). But we are almost a month in Q3 and no Q2 update was release, and nothing was even said about this.

I know that the post on the updates says that those are not fixed and are subject to change, but at least give use something like "the update will be delayed"... "we are working on it". Remember that from the client perspective there is almost like a wall separating us from know what is happening... for what I know GMS2 project could be abandoned and no one said anything.

I don't think ignoring this things (ie: delays) and not talk to the community is a good politic. I see posts on the Announcements forum for "Summer Sales" and stuff... but what about an announcement for what to expect?!

You (YYG) are working in the Switch module I get it. And it's a lot of work and again I get it!! But believe me with the time between update of the runtime to fix bugs and add GML features... I'm not sure I will adquire the Switch module any time soon.

Imagine a software that has a lot of export modules but fails to captivate their clients with simple updates as bug fixes and simple features... people will probably not adquire the modules just because they exist the software as to bring itself up.

Again I believe and know from experience this is a lot a work but the team must at least have someone that maintains the clients captivated and on the edge... some teasers at least (a lot of companies do that) like youtube videos showing us what is to come; what to expect.

If you spend all the time in a module ONLY and then the "big news" are that a new module is available... people that don't work with that module will think "well I work with desktop module, don't I deserve any attention and updates on my end?". Or another example the big news are a "new module" and "a lot of bug fixes".well a "lot of bug fixes" is not that explanatory... and sometimes... these "a lot of bug fixes" are followed by a few of "my game broke" posts.

I really think YYG started being a "serious company" more closed and distant from their clients than they were in the past but at the same time they didn't start being a "serious company" in a way they fail in a lot of basic stuff.

Smiechu

To be hones it's quiet lately... to quiet. No info, nothing...
I'm starting to worry if we ever get any update for anything, and if the next official massage won't be "YoYo is closing, sorry guys, it was a great journey".

M

MarceloP

I think the answer is: "Switch module". Anyway, not much we can do except for waiting.

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I think the answer is: "Switch module". Anyway, not much we can do except for waiting.
What about non console developers!?! what about costumers who've already purchased modules that for now are still with bugs?! what about costumers who just want to develop for desktop?! did they give away their money so the next big thing could be the "Switch module"?
If that is the case YYG is not looking for making a stable engine people can put their (work/professional work) trust on but instead a game engine that does some stuff here and there!

Smiechu

Year ago thay ware preparing for launch of the the console modules and everything was normal, presence on forum, tweets, updates, infos, response to bug reports...
Now? It's realy getting strange...

My luck is that I'm not a full time pro dev and most of the bugs didn't occured in my project yet. But I can imagine that many people can be worried scared or even mad in present situation.

M

MarceloP

Year ago thay ware preparing for launch of the the console modules and everything was normal, presence on forum, tweets, updates, infos, response to bug reports...
Now? It's realy getting strange...

My luck is that I'm not a full time pro dev and most of the bugs didn't occured in my project yet. But I can imagine that many people can be worried scared or even mad in present situation.
I'm one of those, but I can't seem to find any other motive... And believe me, in a simple 3 month project/game for kids, with no professional things needed, I found around 4/5 serious bugs and that I reported and had to find workarounds since I didn't get an answer. In fact, one was responded and was sent to mantis, the rest I have no clue about what happened....

Sad moments for us and for Yoyo

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Here is a newsletter update from the Marketplace just this morning that may give some insight into what's going on:
As you are a GameMaker Marketplace Publisher, we are writing to let you know that in response to Apple's recent AppStore change to only allow 64-bit submissions, we plan to update GameMaker: Studio 1.4 and GameMaker Studio 2 over the coming weeks.

This means that developers submitting new apps and updates will encounter problems caused by extensions that don't comply with Apple's 64-bit policy. Therefore, if your Marketplace asset uses a 32bit extension for macOS or iOS (even if it has both 32-bit/64-bit) you now need to update this asset's extension in order to be 64-bit only, otherwise users of your asset will be unable to submit their games to the AppStore.

The forthcoming GM:S 1.4 Final and GMS2 2.1.5 releases comply with this change by building exclusively 64-bit packages for macOS and iOS, but this change will not modify your extension in any way, and so your customers will receive an error about your asset causing their upload attempt to fail.
My take is that YoYo's time is spent entirely on mission-critical fixes in 1.4.FINAL and 2.1.5, patching iOS+Mac OS X and preparing for Switch.

Still, I really wish that the GM user community would have access to this information, not just those with a Marketplace account. And I would also like an official explanation for all the reports of neglected tickets from professional users over the past quarter and what YoYo will do differently next time.

Certainly none of these kinds of delays will be acceptable anymore once the publisher arm opens for business, and now is the time to consider change.

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
And I would also like an official explanation for all the reports of neglected tickets from professional users over the past quarter and what YoYo will do differently next time.
This is becoming a serious pain point for me. The follow-up from YoYo Games on my support tickets has been abysmal and critical bugs remain unresolved months later. It's frustrating that YoYo Games continue to neglect the community's demand for a stable product first and foremost.

I bought GMS2 day one launch and still can't port a single one of my 70+ games to the engine. It's unusable for me and YoYo Games seem more interested in generating media buzz with Switch support than stabilising their product for existing customers and professional developers that rely on it to earn a living.

I'm starting to hear from developers who have given up on GMS entirely and are seeking greener pastures. Who can blame them?

Last edited:

Posh Indie

That Guy
This is becoming a serious pain point for me. The follow-up from YoYo Games on my support tickets has been abysmal and critical bugs remain unresolved months later. It's frustrating that YoYo Games continue to neglect the community's demand for a stable product first and foremost.

I bought GMS2 day one launch and still can't port a single one of my 70+ games to the engine. It's unusable for me and YoYo Games seem more interested in generating media buzz with Switch support than stabilising their product for existing customers and professional developers that rely on it to earn a living.

I'm starting to hear from developers who have given up on GMS entirely and are seeking greener pastures. Who can blame them?
An uncertain future and the neglectful support are the reasons I moved on. I feel like they are expanding their operations faster than they can keep up (Maybe Playtech just wants their investment back already, so making that money back comes at the cost of their current customers?).

Last edited:
Z

zendraw

i just hope this FINAL gms1.4 update really is final and complete with insignificant bugs if there are such. as for gm2 id say dont look at it as somthing diffrent then a game in its alpha stage. this is just what the modern business plan is. @True Valhalla i kinda dont get your complaint? you alredy have your games done, why do you need to port them?

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I would guess True Valhalla wants to port the games in order to keep them updated. HTML5 games sometimes are similar to mobile games in that they need constant updates of content to stay alive, not like single player console/PC games that are one and done once the bugs are pretty much gone. Since GMS1 is no longer going to be viable to use for these types of games due to not getting updates, I know I personally would want my games to be ported to GMS2 if I were dependent on this type of game.

That being said...I don't currently have a project going in GMS or GMS2. Besides wanting to do things in 3d, the lack of updates or communication holds me back, which sucks because I really do like the GMS/2 systems, GML, etc... but I wouldn't trust it for bigger projects at this time, not because the engine can't handle it(it can, despite belief to the contrary), but because the software isn't in a good state right now.

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
@True Valhalla i kinda dont get your complaint? you alredy have your games done, why do you need to port them?
As @kburkhart84 explained, it's vital that I port my games from GMS1 to GMS2 because they need to stay updated long-term. HTML5 games can be very fragile; they are exposed to the flaws in a vast number of browsers and operating systems unlike any other format.

as for gm2 id say dont look at it as somthing diffrent then a game in its alpha stage. this is just what the modern business plan is.
Here's the thing though: GMS2 already had it's alpha/beta. It's been 18 months since GMS2 was officially launched and made available for sale. I think it's fair to say we all expected GMS2 to be stable and usable by now.

I certainly did...

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Here's the thing though: GMS2 already had it's alpha/beta. It's been 18 months since GMS2 was officially launched and made available for sale. I think it's fair to say we all expected GMS2 to be stable and usable by now.

I certainly did...
This, exactly. Any product that is for sale would eventually get out of beta....but it seems that GMS2 has never done that, but it hasn't been advertised as "beta" for quite a while now. If it were a case of them having a really long beta cycle, and they advertised it as such, and they didn't "sunset" 1.4, then it would make sense, and we would have to accept that we bought a beta product(this is similar to supporting steam games that aren't officially "out" yet). But none of those things are true. It is fair to expect a product to be stable once it is out of beta. Worse is the fact that community interaction has been at what I'd consider to be an all time low.

JeffJ

This, exactly. Any product that is for sale would eventually get out of beta....but it seems that GMS2 has never done that, but it hasn't been advertised as "beta" for quite a while now. If it were a case of them having a really long beta cycle, and they advertised it as such, and they didn't "sunset" 1.4, then it would make sense, and we would have to accept that we bought a beta product(this is similar to supporting steam games that aren't officially "out" yet). But none of those things are true. It is fair to expect a product to be stable once it is out of beta. Worse is the fact that community interaction has been at what I'd consider to be an all time low.
Word for word, this really is spot on. Could not have said it any better myself.

rIKmAN

Word for word, this really is spot on. Could not have said it any better myself.
I'm sure you would have managed to get the words "objectively worse" in there somewhere! :p

Just pulling your leg, I completely agree and have brought up the complete lack of communication to paying customers in threads 18mths ago - and that was when the communication and customer interaction could be considered good compared to the complete echo chamber we have now.

I can honestly say that I've never experienced such poor customer relations from a company before, I had issues with Apple a while back which took 3mths to resolve which annoyed and frustrated me but I was at least getting weekly emails and eventual escalation to phone calls which kept me in the loop and updated me as to what was happening and what was being done.

With YYG we just get....well nothing.
Actually I get support responses 3mths later telling me that because it took them so long to respond that I need to test things again in the new version and re-report it. Brilliant.

Would it be that hard to keep the community / paying customers up to date on what is happening rather than the deafening silence we get from them?

Even a "Sorry - the next update is going to be a bit delayed, but we are working on feature XYZ and squashing bug ABC before we release." would do a lot to alleviate the frustrations I and many others are feeling, but I think that now even that token gesture wouldn't do much to repair the damage they have done / are doing to the relationship between themselves and the customers.

I really hoped the appointment of the new Community Manager would bridge the gap, and while it started well it seems that all that role entails (or allows) is posting about sales to drum up more business (whilst ignoring all the actual issues people are raising in other threads) and Tweeting - which includes asking for screenshots of what people are working on, again probably to survey the lay of the land for potential games for the new publishing sideline.

B

Big_Macca_101

Unfortunately I've started looking at changing to other engines, GMS 1 has received more updates than 2.0 has and the fact that the Beta mac IDE is more stable than the release IDE for windows is kind of sad.

Really hoping they release an update soon and actually have more useful features considering the last major update added other language support, hoping that all this non communication isn't just because of the switch export, not everyone is going to export to switch when there are thing's people want more like a linux IDE, lightweight object, GML extensins etc.

Getting flashbacks from the Gameband kickstarter here.

Miradur

At the end of this week the early access for another Pixel-Maker software starts. As we all know, competition stimulates
business and perhaps something will change then.
It is strange, because when companies start to take the money from their customers, with big promises and bury their
heads in the sand, then it usually ends with..... We look back on a great time, but unfortunately we have to tell them.... :D

I hope that this time of silence will soon be over and YoYo will make us happy with a big update (many new functions
and almost no errors).

Miradur

Z

zendraw

As @kburkhart84 explained, it's vital that I port my games from GMS1 to GMS2 because they need to stay updated long-term. HTML5 games can be very fragile; they are exposed to the flaws in a vast number of browsers and operating systems unlike any other format.

I certainly did...
i see and i get that. still isnt gms1 able to keep your games up to date? i think it shuld. has anyone gotten to the point that you cant export your game to some platform becouse game maker isnt up to date (gms1 i mean since gm2 is still wip, obviously)? your point is valid but maybe your too paranoid about it.

hippyman

i see and i get that. still isnt gms1 able to keep your games up to date? i think it shuld. has anyone gotten to the point that you cant export your game to some platform becouse game maker isnt up to date (gms1 i mean since gm2 is still wip, obviously)? your point is valid but maybe your too paranoid about it.
No GMS 1 is not able to keep your games up to date. It will use whatever code they used for the final version and that is that. Once newer features are added and old features are taken out of html, things will begin to break.

Then it will be up to the the person who compiled the game to go into the compiled HTML and maybe fix things on their own. But that defeats the whole purpose of using GameMaker.

Last edited:

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
Usually once or twice per year, Google/Apple make changes to Chrome/Safari that critically crash all 70+ of my games which are distributed among 300+ clients who themselves have distributed them further across countless websites, platforms, and stores in up to 13 languages. Imagine how much maintenance I do to keep my games supported & keep my clients happy - it's more than whatever you're thinking.

Sometimes a critical crash resulting from a browser change can be patched externally, but sometimes I rely on YoYo Games to update GMS if its out of my control. Once the crash is fixed, I have to recompile and redistribute every game to each individual client. The impact of this process can be severe, so I do everything I can to prepare for "next time".

If my games are stuck in GMS1 and I become reliant on an update (which isn't coming) to fix the next critical crash, every game I have ever distributed stops working and there's nothing I can do about it. My clients have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to license these games over the years. I have signed agreements in place and contractual obligations to meet. Consider the legal exposure that I'll be subjected to if this doomsday scenario becomes reality...and it's only a matter of time until it becomes reality, unless I can fully transition to GMS2.

That's worth being "paranoid" about, wouldn't you agree? Maybe a more appropriate word is proactive, prepared, pautious. That last one isn't a word but you get my point.

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
An uncertain future and the neglectful support are the reasons I moved on. I feel like they are expanding their operations faster than they can keep up (Maybe Playtech just wants their investment back already, so making that money back comes at the cost of their current customers?).
Well if PlayTech wants its investment money back.. YoYo games is not making a good work here. If all these people that feel abandoned here in the community.. just jump to another engine there won’t be “module” in the world that would pull them back to GMS2.

New modules are not the solution and I’m quite impressed YYG didn’t realized it yet! Even the features they plan to add that give hope and hooks the costumers (in-line functions, chained accessors, api access, types, light objects) those are all not assured... as the update schedule thread says things can be removed from the list without notice.

And developers think like: “We might as well stick with something that works instead of what might one day probably work”.

Last edited:
Z

zendraw

Usually once or twice per year, Google/Apple make changes to Chrome/Safari that critically crash all 70+ of my games which are distributed among 300+ clients who themselves have distributed them further across countless websites, platforms, and stores in up to 13 languages. Imagine how much maintenance I do to keep my games supported & keep my clients happy - it's more than whatever you're thinking.

Sometimes a critical crash resulting from a browser change can be patched externally, but sometimes I rely on YoYo Games to update GMS if its out of my control. Once the crash is fixed, I have to recompile and redistribute every game to each individual client. The impact of this process can be severe, so I do everything I can to prepare for "next time".

If my games are stuck in GMS1 and I become reliant on an update (which isn't coming) to fix the next critical crash, every game I have ever distributed stops working and there's nothing I can do about it. My clients have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to license these games over the years. I have signed agreements in place and contractual obligations to meet. Consider the legal exposure that I'll be subjected to if this doomsday scenario becomes reality...and it's only a matter of time until it becomes reality, unless I can fully transition to GMS2.

That's worth being "paranoid" about, wouldn't you agree? Maybe a more appropriate word is proactive, prepared, pautious. That last one isn't a word but you get my point.
yeah im not arguin agaisnt what you say, im tryin to get a grasp of the situation etc.

gnysek

From what I noticed on Mantis (before they hidden roadmaps etc.), there was 2.2.x in QA already, and they switched back to 2.1.5 update (probably because of iOS x64 changes ?).

Usually when new version is out, when you look into release notes, the date is around 5-10 days before, so it's the time that QA checks software (2.1.4.295 was released on 22nd of May, but in release notes there's 17th of May). According to this, and other observations I've made but don't want to share too much, 2.1.5.x should come... today/tomorrow, or they are waiting to release it both with GMS 1.4 next week.

Edit: Mantis Roadmap seems to be public again, and there's one ticket awaiting to complete for 2.1.5 https://bugs.yoyogames.com/roadmap_page.php - so seems that iOS issue postponed all releases and messed their plans.

Edit2: Also, on last Wednesday, they edited roadmap https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231719448-RoadMap, and added this text on top:
The tables below show the Roadmap for GameMaker Studio 2. This is a rough guide to what features and progresses we hope to make over the coming year, but the dates and contents may change as we advance.

Last edited:
so seems that iOS issue postponed all releases and messed their plans.
And I think the big problem that YYG need to get passed is the fact that they should have been telling their customers this. Even if they didn't go into any detail they could easily have said:
"Hey everyone, we know that you are all waiting for a new release and it is frustrating for some that we haven't been able to deliver it yet, but we have run into a major problem with iOS that has delayed everything. We're looking into what we can do and will let you know."
It only took 1 minute for me to come up with that and put into my post. That's what the Community Manager should be doing.

gnysek

Playtech seems to not allow anything which does bad PR/marketing. They can only write about new features (on release date, or 2-3 days before) and new exporters (several months before release, but only during big gaming/dev event, like GDC, E3, Gamescom etc). Nobody cares that we are complain here, as graph bars doesn't show there's something bad happening with customers. Sadly, for big companies we're just a points on graph bars.
But I hope they gonna change how they communicate with users at some point, and gonna back to those closer approach like 2-3 years ago.

Still, I believe that 2.2 will come just a 2-3 weeks after 2.1.5.

G

Nobody cares that we are complain here, as graph bars doesn't show there's something bad happening with customers. Sadly, for big companies we're just a points on graph bars.
Slow sales due to lack of recommendations and bad reviews will show up on a graph. I wrote a Steam review for the mobile export that I imagine has cost YYG a bit of money. It doesn't seem to have motivated any positive changes, but, since there isn't any subscription or revenue sharing model, killing future sales is the only kind of feedback that YYG might listen to. (And, yes, I realize that this means going down with the sinking ship, but setting a fire might... wake up the captain? Runaway metaphor.)

Kenshiro

Here is a newsletter update from the Marketplace just this morning that may give some insight into what's going on:

My take is that YoYo's time is spent entirely on mission-critical fixes in 1.4.FINAL and 2.1.5, patching iOS+Mac OS X and preparing for Switch.

Still, I really wish that the GM user community would have access to this information, not just those with a Marketplace account. And I would also like an official explanation for all the reports of neglected tickets from professional users over the past quarter and what YoYo will do differently next time.

Certainly none of these kinds of delays will be acceptable anymore once the publisher arm opens for business, and now is the time to consider change.
Thanks for sharing this. Looking forward to this final version of GMS1.4. At least doesn't seem like they're disappearing. lol

H

HW.

It looks like the "iOS-64-bit-not-planned-before" has defeated the "Android-64-bit-on-the-Q2-roadmap-already" this time.

Not including the new Switch which is not switched at all i think, the other Q2-planned "to-do things" and "virtual keyboard" also appears not to be spotted on the "mantis roadmap" (still on Quarters roadmap btw) because of this "sudden single punch" by the iOS-64-bit-ninja (i respect u Apple, just don't use your products, oops). Lol.....

Hmm...kinda little disappoint me to know that the already planned feature is switched between modules.

I hope each module has its own special team (more people) to maintenance them regularly.

Warm regards,
me as a GMS2 mobile module user "who purchased it with the sole purpose of Android export only", but forced to pay the iOS module although not wanting nor using at all the most exclusive mobile platform on earth, the pain of it being merged as a bundle :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
It looks like the "iOS-64-bit-not-planned-before" has defeated the "Android-64-bit-on-the-Q2-roadmap-already" this time.

Not including the new Switch which is not switched at all i think, the other Q2-planned "to-do things" and "virtual keyboard" also appears not to be spotted on the "mantis roadmap" (still on Quarters roadmap btw) because of this "sudden single punch" by the iOS-64-bit-ninja (i respect u Apple, just don't use your products, oops). Lol.....
It's a punch for sure, but I would not call it "sudden", and the way Apple announced the change is way too eminent to be called "ninja".

More than a year ago in 2017, Apple has already announced that it will no longer tolerate 32-bit binaries in submissions (third-party article). YoYo has had plenty of prior warning to act on, predating both the Switch export announcement and the publisher gig by a long shot. But they didn't act until now.

Everyone is always saying what a buggy, broken mess GMS2 is, but I've had nothing but good experiences with it. My RPG runs just fine. Maybe I've just been lucky so far!

I agree YoYo needs to keep on top of support tickets, though. It sucks when the engine you're using to make your life easier ends up holding you back instead.

H

HW.

It's a punch for sure, but I would not call it "sudden", and the way Apple announced the change is way too eminent to be called "ninja".

More than a year ago in 2017, Apple has already announced that it will no longer tolerate 32-bit binaries in submissions (third-party article). YoYo has had plenty of prior warning to act on, predating both the Switch export announcement and the publisher gig by a long shot. But they didn't act until now.
Ah okay, so it is not sudden from Apple, but from YoYo side not anticipating it far from the deadline.

I hope we will not see this happen anymore with Android 64-bit mandatory submission update too next year in August 2019.

It was planned well in Q2 of 2018, by the way, planned to be included in 2.2.0 But it looks like from the mantis roadmap 2.2.0, it has not been done nor been listed anymore now (suddenly disappeared)?!

Android 64-bit update has been announced since last year 2017, now it is already 2018, source:
https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/12/improving-app-security-and-performance.html

So that YoYo not repeating this same case next time, please insert the Android-64-bit (undone on the Q2 plan) on Q3 instead, do not remove or erase it on mantis roadmap (i just see one line written on that 2.2.0 roadmap, hmm??), please do not skip anymore until near the deadline like this iOS 64 bit thing (one year preparation "2017-2018" vs two years preparation "2017-2019").

Last edited by a moderator:

gnysek

Everyone is always saying what a buggy, broken mess GMS2 is, but I've had nothing but good experiences with it. My RPG runs just fine. Maybe I've just been lucky so far!

I agree YoYo needs to keep on top of support tickets, though. It sucks when the engine you're using to make your life easier ends up holding you back instead.
The problem is that initial impression of GMS2 in November 2016 (while it was for 2-3 years in development in fact) was that it's not only more stable, but have nice new features which will extend soon, and when developers were saying that at one point they gonna give API to make IDE extensions, that gave us hope. Not saying that whole DnD system was written from scratch, and we got layer system. Those were BIG-BIG-BIG things, and they done all that stuff so fast!

But we're 20 months away since that first impression, and except "recent windows", "variable editor" on objects, "#region", IDE for mac, no other nice features come to my mind (and they all are IDE-dependent, runner nearly didn't changed for them), while lot of important things awaits (like making resources/ds_xxx things a references instead of duplicating integers, so garbage collector can take them with destroying of instances/rooms, or array-in-array accessors, and others from roadmap).

So it seems that while GMS2 was kept in secret and they were still working on GMS 1.4, they were making features for GMS2 much much faster than after they released it. I know that some runners needed some fixes, and some others were added but... seriously, this year I've got a feeling that it nearly stopped.

So I hope they are rewriting some important parts of engine (like referencing resources/ds_xxx) and that's why nothing cames out, and it's a breaking change for whole engine so we gonna be happy later this year, as this gonna open doors for all other upgrades, while now it looks nothing happens, cause all changes are deep under hood.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that GMS2 development is a kind of a sine, so we're at -1 now, and soon it gonna back to 1 :)

GMWolf

aka fel666
So I hope they are rewriting some important parts of engine (like referencing resources/ds_xxx) and that's why nothing cames out, and it's a breaking change for whole engine so we gonna be happy later this year, as this gonna open doors for all other upgrades, while now it looks nothing happens, cause all changes are deep under hood.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that GMS2 development is a kind of a sine, so we're at -1 now, and soon it gonna back to 1 :)
If that's the case, YYG should tell us they are working on exciting features....
I really hope that's the case, but I just can't believe in it.

gnysek

Yes, that's stupid they cannot either announce features too soon, or inform about delays, because of PR-things. So we just need to wait little longer.

GMWolf

aka fel666
From what I've seen, there's a lot of good stuff coming. But - once again - there's been no ****ing communication from YYG. @rmanthorp I know this isn't your fault but, please, this is killing trust in YYG.

Just tell us what's going on.
That's really good to hear!, knowing the information you have access to.
I know you can't discuss, but could it be... Damn, I can't start a private message with you

[Edit]
Aaarg, I promised myself I wouldn't get my hopes up!

Last edited:

gnysek

Sometimes they left some info about features by mistake on mantis (usually in comments to another ticket, or by not hiding a ticket), sometimes in docs (like left .html/.png files which aren't linked anywhere, but available on disk), so there are for sure some features which are planned or done but not yet included (I have at least 3 screenshots of them, but sadly I won't share them, let YYG announce it), so it's not like they not doing anything. But, some of those info I found are one year old, and it's interesting were those only mockups, or they left them unfinished because of other priorities.

GMWolf

aka fel666
From what I've seen, there's a lot of good stuff coming. But - once again - there's been no ****ing communication from YYG. @rmanthorp I know this isn't your fault but, please, this is killing trust in YYG.

Just tell us what's going on.
Ok now I'm really curious, what was all the ''good stuff"?
There is nothing, absolutely nothing in the upcoming updates that really got my attention.
In fact, All the stuff that did get me excited was removed from the roadmap!