• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Describe a GAME you'd like to be playing right now...

K12gamer

I'll start...

A remake of STREETS of RAGE.
1 to 4 player (Online or Offline)
Done with cool cartoon style graphics like those used in Castle Crashers.
Maybe add a few extra player moves than the original had.

Also...in the original, when you did a special move, it took some of your life...That was dumb...
...Take that out...

Imagine these 2D graphics...4x better...done in a cartoon style similar to Castle Crashers.

K12gamer

A 2-Player SHANTAE game...

Also...a 1-4 player remake of GOLDEN AXE...with 2D visuals as good as the SHANTAE game above...

Oh man, so many to choose from.

For one, I'd like to see a new Sim City, but in the style of the old Sim City games, except with larger maps and more buildings.

Another idea I have is to combine a MMO RPG with a strategy game. In other words, there is a simulation going on on a large scale, and all player actions can impact the course of events. The RPG elements would be actual role-playing, no grinding, no stat buffing.

E

Erdrickgr

Either a city builder or a railroad builder, but in a 3D open world environment. If a city builder then something like the world of Skyrim would be fine, but you'd have to roam around finding quarries, forests, setting up infrastructure to get the raw materials around, map out the cities, recruit skilled people, etc. (combat like handling bears, raiders, etc. could be optional). If a railroad builder then it'd be more exploration-heavy: discovering the best paths, possible obstacles, possible opportunities, and just surviving, would all be more important than the standard 'run a railroad' elements common in Railroad strategy games (though there'd be some of that as well); it'd be as much Oregon Trail as Railroad Tycoon. Another city builder I'd like to play some day would also be in 3D (full sized characters), but part of the fun (in both story and sandbox modes) is that you aren't a God-player but rather start as a humble contractor and have to work your way up in building structures, and can sabotage your competition, even comically so if you've bribed the city officials enough (like your wrecking ball 'accidentally' destroying a nearly finished building of the competition).

Morendral

Either a city builder or a railroad builder, but in a 3D open world environment. If a city builder then something like the world of Skyrim would be fine, but you'd have to roam around finding quarries, forests, setting up infrastructure to get the raw materials around, map out the cities, recruit skilled people, etc. (combat like handling bears, raiders, etc. could be optional). If a railroad builder then it'd be more exploration-heavy: discovering the best paths, possible obstacles, possible opportunities, and just surviving, would all be more important than the standard 'run a railroad' elements common in Railroad strategy games (though there'd be some of that as well); it'd be as much Oregon Trail as Railroad Tycoon. Another city builder I'd like to play some day would also be in 3D (full sized characters), but part of the fun (in both story and sandbox modes) is that you aren't a God-player but rather start as a humble contractor and have to work your way up in building structures, and can sabotage your competition, even comically so if you've bribed the city officials enough (like your wrecking ball 'accidentally' destroying a nearly finished building of the competition).
Minecraft?

To contribute, a worthwhile successor to civ 5

V

Voice.flac

Something I would love while still being within the realm of possibility yet hasn't been announced would be a Super Mario Maker switch port. I would also love it if the other games physics made a comeback, even if it was just an optional setting.

Something I would love while still being within the realm of possibility yet hasn't been announced would be a Super Mario Maker switch port. I would also love it if the other games physics made a comeback, even if it was just an optional setting.
Hoping for this, too. With slopes and ways to connect levels into worlds next time. That would be amazing.

Pfap

Honestly if I had the time a game like harvest moon or stardew valley... except with added "missions" maybe add in some politics our something. Running for president going power crazy and then just realizing that there's nothing to do so you set the whole thing on fire...

Also, a game like wars and warriors Joan of arc. Except with a really difficult modern twist. The developer would set up military strategies that you would have to execute... but just leave you to click the replay button if you failed.
Set during the revolutionary war or civil war maybe, not modern combat. Just a really crisp strategy game that keeps you on your toes. Really in depth strategy where you have to think about the long term and the short term. Modeled after an actual conflict perhaps, though that might be in bad taste.

The Union strategy to win the war did not emerge all at once. By 1863, however, the Northern military plan consisted of five major goals:
  1. Fully blockade all Southern coasts. This strategy, known as the Anaconda Plan, would eliminate the possibility of Confederate help from abroad.
  2. Control the Mississippi River. The river was the South's major inland waterway. Also, Northern control of the rivers would separate Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas from the other Confederate states.
  3. Capture Richmond. Without its capital, the Confederacy's command lines would be disrupted.
  4. Shatter Southern civilian morale by capturing and destroying Atlanta, Savannah, and the heart of Southern secession, South Carolina.
  5. Use the numerical advantage of Northern troops to engage the enemy everywhere to break the spirits of the Confederate Army.
From ttp://www.ushistory.org/us/33h.asp

RollyBug

Battle Royale with a heavy emphasis on stealth. Much like PUBG but with different movement mechanisms like decreased sprint, managing food/water and overall stamina. More brush to hid inside of, guns are far and few between. Mostly open maps. I do think this could be made interesting even if you are siting or crawling around for most of the game.

C

coryru

I could go for a silent hill mmo where when you run into another player they look like pyramid head or any other monster. So your never sure if it's a computer monster there to kill you or another player. Not really feasible but would love to see it.