• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Gamemaker Studio 2 and Steam questions + Studio 1.4

V

vgoat

Would Getting GM Studio 2 give me a license key for 1.4 so I can still use it for steamworks? Also does GM Studio Desktop is that the one with Steamworks integration? I still use 1.4 and I am to far in my project to make the switch. If it isn't what should I roll with? Isn't true getting certain GM Studio 2 license get you better stuff with Gamemaker 1.4?

V

vgoat

Does it upgrade your 1.4 license if you get desktop? For this project still need to use 1.4 after this I can go to 2

rIKmAN

Would Getting GM Studio 2 give me a license key for 1.4 so I can still use it for steamworks?
That used to be the case, but not anymore - so no.
Also does GM Studio Desktop is that the one with Steamworks integration?
Yes, Desktop is the version you need to release and integrate with Steam.
Isn't true getting certain GM Studio 2 license get you better stuff with Gamemaker 1.4?
No it isn't true.
You get whatever licence you paid for which allows exporting to that target platform from GMS2. Nothing more, nothing less.

V

vgoat

So basically you would have to pirate 1.4 to get the version that has steamworks if you never had it before? Not actually going to do this but, or is it just suck it up and use 2 because I have no choice?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
If you have been working on your project with a legitimate copy of GMS 1.4, there should have been a Steam key that comes with the purchase. You need to claim that before GMS 1.4 sunsets at the end of this month.

V

vgoat

I am saying using it to deploy to steamworks workshop. My version doesn't have it.

V

vgoat

If you have been working on your project with a legitimate copy of GMS 1.4, there should have been a Steam key that comes with the purchase. You need to claim that before GMS 1.4 sunsets at the end of this month.
You can't set steamworks as a target
It's just Windows 8 and some Linux stuff

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Get a Steam account. Claim the Steam key that comes with your purchase of GMS 1.x. That one will have the Steam export on it.

V

vgoat

How do you claim it? It doesn't show in my dashboard along my 1.4 license

Dog Slobber

So basically you would have to pirate 1.4 to get the version that has steamworks if you never had it before? Not actually going to do this but, or is it just suck it up and use 2 because I have no choice?
I wish people would stop presenting piracy as an alternative to software not being available anymore.

All this does is normalizes theft and helps people justify it. The sunsetting and removal of 1.5 and its exports has been know for a very long time, anybody stuck is because of their own negligence.