GML Visual Texture Glitch for no reason.

Hi all, some days earlier I tried to ask help about the same topic, but the file got corrupted before someone could help me. So... I've tried it again.
Anyway, my problem is a texture. This texure appears normally at the start, but later in the animation of it, it starts blinking.
Before, it didn't even appear, but now have this weird blinking at the end of the animation.

I don't know why I keep receiving this glitch! I didn't do anything about it, and its very frustrating!
Could you guys help me? If you want, I can leave you the link to a copy of my project, so you can discover in a little bit easier way. But please help me!

Also, even if this is in a DRAG AND DROP category, you can help me with codes anyway.

S

SpicyCrab

It is very unlikely that the error is happening for no reason.

You should post the code that is drawing your texture, that will be necessary to give any input.

I doubt you will find people that want to look through the project file itself unless they know you personally. But if you post the relevant code people will take a look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is very unlikely that the error is happening for no reason.

You should post the code that is drawing your texture, that will be necessary to give any input.

I doubt you will find people that want to look through the project file itself unless they know you personally. But if you post the relevant code people will take a look at it.

Where i can find it? I'm using drag and drop.

S

SpicyCrab

Oh jeez, yeah I wouldn't know where to start.

In general DnD is hard for people to help with because very few people use it so most of us don't know too much about it. Sorry!

Oh jeez, yeah I wouldn't know where to start.

In general DnD is hard for people to help with because very few people use it so most of us don't know too much about it. Sorry!
That's why i said:"for no reason".
Because i'm not messing with codes.
Anyway, are you sure you can't help me? Even a bit... this glitch is very annoying!

S

SpicyCrab

Sorry Flatulenza. My guess is that there are very few people with the knowledge to help you out since most of the experienced users here are not familiar with DnD.

the animation loops over and over...

if you don't have a full set of images in the animation it wont play an image there then you start getting a flashing effect..

i hope you get what i'm trying to say..

if you have 3 images in the animation when the system tries to play the 4th it doesn't have an image to play so it doesn't.

The animation is a complete set. No blank images or other things.
But i don't think this is a problem related to the images, but is related to Game Maker itself. Because sometimes it fixes by itself, but after a short time (even without touching or modyfing the object related) it shows up again and again.

kupo15

I've had this happen to me before too and don't understand what the cause was either thought I haven't had it happen to me for a while. Like, sometimes certain frames in the animation just don't draw causing a blinking. But when I reloaded the game it went away. And I like to think my texture management is pretty good too.

I've had this happen to me before too and don't understand what the cause was either thought I haven't had it happen to me for a while. Like, sometimes certain frames in the animation just don't draw causing a blinking. But when I reloaded the game it went away. And I like to think my texture management is pretty good too.
What do you mean realoding the game? Because somethimes my problem fixes itself when i open the backup of the original file (rarely). But even this, after a short time the problem turns back...

kupo15

What do you mean realoding the game? Because somethimes my problem fixes itself when i open the backup of the original file (rarely). But even this, after a short time the problem turns back...
Like if I go back to the previous screen which texture flushes then back in with reloads the assets it goes away. Also if I re compile the game. Maybe you are talking about something different from me??

S

SpicyCrab

Could be a memory issue, have you tried organising your sprites into texture pages? (unlikely to fix it but might be worth a try.)

Also could have to do with graphics pipeline stuff. Are you sure the game is rendering on your gpu and not your cpu?
Is your test system a laptop by any chance?

Could be a memory issue, have you tried organising your sprites into texture pages? (unlikely to fix it but might be worth a try.)

Also could have to do with graphics pipeline stuff. Are you sure the game is rendering on your gpu and not your cpu?
Is your test system a laptop by any chance?
No, i don't know how to compile my sprites in sprite sheets. But it might be the problem, because all my animations are 10/25 Frames, and all the sprites are more than 14.
Not sure how can i discover if is running on cpu or gpu.
And yes, my system is a laptop.

S

SpicyCrab

Flatulenza, another thing you might want to try is assigning your sprites to a texture page that has 'no cropping' enabled, I think that's the settings name.

The problem is gone! But I have a new one, a particular animation of mine, takes 72 sprites, and when i add it into the project it continiously says "Run out of memory".
Probably is caused by the sprite. Is there any clear way to fix it? If there is none I will just cut a bit the animation, so its not that long!

Anyway thanks alot again everyone! The problem seems to be solved! i didn't look up for "no cropping", but whatever, it seems to work now!
Also, I want to thank everyone of you by adding your nicknames to the special thanks of my tech demo! However, my tech demo will not be realeased online, but only used and shared with some of my friends.

If I have your permissions, I will be very glad to add it! If you don't give me the permission, or simply don't give me a reply, I will not add you to avoid any discrepancy! :D

Bad news... the problem turned back AGAIN...

I added 2 new sprite sheets and they both are invisible...
This bug/glitch causes the game to also crash somethimes when i load the test game.

Sorry guys, mind if i still ask you help? Please...

If you need a copy of the file, please tell me.