• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

I lost my app keystore :(

issam

Hello,
Is there any way to update my app on play store without the keystore?
I have only the picture of the data below!
Please help

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I'm no expert(I really don't know)...but if you put the exact same data and generate a keystore, wouldn't it generally be the same file? Would it not pass the checks?

issam

m no expert(I really don't know)...but if you put the exact same data and generate a keystore, wouldn't it generally be the same file? Would it not pass the checks?
No it will not generate the same keystore, I try it again and again its generate different key, I dont think there is any way to generate the same keystore.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
That sucks....I guess you live and learn though, gotta have multiple backups. I don't even do anything with Android anymore but I still have my keystore file stored in a few different places. Dropbox is nice, GoogleDrive also helps.

issam

Hello again,
I chat with the help team of google play about my problem, they email me:

Thanks for chatting with Google Play Developer Support.
As we talked on the chat, I need the new upload key which will be used to sign APKs that you upload to Play.
Here’s how to generate and register a new upload key:

1. Follow the instructions in the Android Studio Help Center to generate a new key. It must be different from any previous keys. Alternatively, you can use the following command line to generate a new key:
keytool -genkeypair -alias upload -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 9125 -keystore keystore.jks
  • This key must be a 2048 bit RSA key and have 25-year validity.
  1. Export the certificate for that key to PEM format:
keytool -export -rfc -alias upload -file upload_certificate.pem -keystore keystore.jks
  1. Reply to this email and attach the upload_certificate.pem file.
I look forward to your response. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

How to generate upload_certificate.pem in gamemaker please?

T

The Shatner

Hey issam!
I don't think GMS is able to generate this file.
However, I think it's possible to open your unsigned APK on Android Studio and follow the instructions from their Help Center (that you've linked in your post) to create the file.

issam

I don't have android studio!
Any way Thank you very much for your notes, I will try to find somebody have android studio to help to extract it.

T

The Shatner

Hey issam!
It's very useful to have Android Studio installed if you develop Android games. Android Studio is an easy way of leaving everything you need (SDKs, NDKs and whatnot) up-to-date, and it also comes in handy when you have to solve some nasty problems (like the one you're facing).
Since it's free, consider downloading and installing it in your machine... It's a lot of gigabytes, but may be worth it in the long run.

issam

Hi,
Thank you for your comment,
Really I don't like programming languages like java, I made all my applications in drag and drop way with a little gml language.

Last edited:
G

Guest User

EVERYBODY! GUESS WHAT!

I FOUND A WAY SO YOU CAN USE A NEW KEYSTORE AND BE ABLE TO UPDATE YOUR APPS THAT YOU CAN'T UPDATE AFTER YOU LOST YOUR OLD KEYSTORE!

Watch this video:

Google play store supports developers with the ability to register a new keystore: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/7384423#upgrade

HOW TO FIX: (Google Play Console) Go to the app you want to fix, then go to the tap that reads "App signing", it should have an icon of a rocket ship. The keystores that you used for you application(s) are there. Google saved every keystore you use. You can download a certificate of you keystore. Next, you want to contact google support. There is a blue text on the description of the App Signing Tap that takes you to the support email. MAKE SURE THAT YOU UPLOAD THE FILE OF YOUR DOWNLOADED CERTIFICATE TO THE EMAIL. Google can send set up a new keystore for you or you can replace it with another. Keep in mind, you can also enroll in another keystore, there is a button that reads it bellow in the description of the tap.

NinjaGMC

I wonder if the above will work...I didn't get a keystore file when importing my game from GMS to GMS2...and I can't update it to the new '64-bit' requirements that Google Play wants now. So hopefully I won't have to re-upload a new Apk...

Mert

A year ago, I sent an email to Google Play Support for this issue. They helped me replace the keystore with a new one. You can generate keystore file with some terminal code, yeap.