• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Empty zip when compiling

slojanko

When I try to compile my game to a zip, It successfully completes but generates an empty zip that can't be opened, I'm getting the following output:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe DONE (0)
DoSteam
Igor complete.
PlatformOptions
DoVersion
DoIcon
Exception during processing System.ArgumentException: 1 is not a supported code page.
Parameter name: codepage
at System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(Int32 codepage)
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipConstants.ConvertToArray(String str)
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipConstants.ConvertToArray(Int32 flags, String str)
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.WriteLocalEntryHeader(ZipUpdate update)
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.AddEntry(ZipFile workFile, ZipUpdate update)
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.RunUpdates()
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.CommitUpdate()
at ..(String , String , String )
Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:03.6526444s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Janko\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows PackageZip started at 05/27/2018 09:31:46
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0539691s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 05/27/2018 09:31:50
SUCCESS: Package Program Complete

M

MarceloP

I've sent it but they're most likely expecting a project. It's not limited to a single project though, so all I can do now is complain about my experience :/
Try reinstalling GMS2 and your Runtime. I'll quote myself (from another post) with the folders that you may try to check if were cleaned when uninstalling:
Yeah, you can try a fresh install. I'd also recommend to delete that "\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\" folder and the "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/" if it doens't happen on uninstall by itself. Let us know if a fresh install changed something.
Also, remember of running GMS2 with administrative privileges.