• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - Programmer 2D Platformer: Artificial Intelligence/Chase Level

G

GMCLOGIC

My knowledge with code isn't enough to design 'complex' artificial intelligence, especially in the way I want the computer to behave in this project, so I'm looking for a skilled programmer who can help me out.

There's a specific segment in this game that forces the player to run, the player must simply jump/wall jump and pass through bridges to avoid death and proceed forward in the level.

Basically, I need an exact copy of the player object (mechanics/gravity/speed, etc.) however, controlled by the computer. These levels are not generated, but put together by hand with the ground tiles made up of objects. So the computer is going to need to be able to react accordingly to newly built levels.

The computer will be slightly behind the player object, chasing the player, and, should be able to maneuver themselves through the stage to keep up with said player.

Once the player completes the level successfully (above image), the computer should come to a stop.

I suppose a good example to follow would be from Gourmet Race from Superstar, how the computer controlling King Dedede reacts and maneuvers to get through the stage

If this is something that interests you, if you believe you can tackle this successfully, please hit me up with a PM or contact me by email [[email protected]], with your offer and portfolio.

Thank you.