• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GMS2 waits a long time when I try to run my game

V

viater

I can't seem to find a solution to this problem.

I have used game maker for a while now but just recently when I try to run anything one of the commands has been hanging up for nearly a minute.

elapsed time 00:00:52.8430655s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.203/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 06/24/2018 14:14:46
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d

There is nearly nothing in this project yet. No sounds or anything. The game builds ( as indicated in the top right loading bar) and then it just waits before running. It is really annoying for such a small project and I've never had this problem before.

I've tried running GMS2 as admin and making sure no other programs were running at the same time.

I'm on a windows machine running windows 10

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Do you have any sounds set as Decompress on load??? I suspect the game may be decompressing the audio as it loads up... I would use this audio setting infrequently if at all, I see this setting being used a lot when it is not required in most cases.

Russell

V

viater

As I said, there are no sounds, it is practically a brand new project with like 3 sprites and it's taking nearly a minute to open when i hit run.

It is happening for all my projects though no matter the size

Is there a reason you are using an old runtime? Your original post seems to show 2.1.4.203, but the current runtime is 2.1.4.218

Have you tried it with the current runtime to see if that works any better?

V

viater

I did try it when I reinstalled I just updated to the newest version. It worked for me before on the old one but it just stopped, I'm having the same results on the new one.

V

viater

Out of desperation I tried another reboot and It is working for now.