• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Issue with YYC

B

batmanai15

Is there an issue with the YYC compiler with IDE v.2.1.3.295? Every single time i compile my game with YYC it will not launch on my iphone. Goes to black screen then closes. Debugger in xcode shows the following:

Failed to make complete framebuffer object 8219

If i compile the game with VM it works completely fine on my phone.

What is the issue and is any one else seeing this??

D

djrain

I've had the same issue. It seems really inconsistent, sometimes it works and sometimes not.

It's possible that it just doesn't like your code. Make sure you are writing YYC-friendly code (always use semicolons, parentheses around if-statement conditions, create all instance variables in creation event, etc.)

If you're doing that and it still happens, try deleting your project folder under GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/YourProjectFolder. After I do this, it usually works (no idea why). After some time it will stop working again though, so you may need to do it frequently. Also make sure to clean the project once in a while.

B

batmanai15

Ok it’s not just me as I had it work off and on as well. If it’s not really needed I don’t think I’ll pull my hair out over it.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Are you clearing the cache between builds? When using the YYC to test, you should always clear the compiler cache first (it's the "broom" button at the top of the IDE).

B

batmanai15

Oh no I have not. Didn’t even know we had to do that.