• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Missing or corrupt GameMaker build tools: 0x4F030002

M

MrPixelboy700

I'm using game maker studio 2, when I attempt to compile I get this:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Saving project to: C:\Users\erons\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Attempt2\Attempt2.yyp
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.7.110/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\erons\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows Run

Loaded Macros from C:\Users\erons\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Attempt2_7D0069CA\macros.json
Options: C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.7.110\bin\platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: C:\Users\erons\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\dialga700_534939\local_settings.json
Options: C:\Users\erons\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Attempt2_7D0069CA\targetoptions.json
C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.7.110/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=4 /gn="Attempt2" /td="C:\Users\erons\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2" /cd="C:\Users\erons\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Attempt2_7D0069CA" /zpuf="C:\Users\erons\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\dialga700_534939" /m=windows /tgt=64 /nodnd /cfg=default /o="C:\Users\erons\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\Attempt2_6BA677CD" /sh=True /optionsini="C:\Users\erons\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\Attempt2_6BA677CD\options.ini" /cvm /baseproject="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.7.110\BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "C:\Users\erons\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Attempt2\Attempt2.yyp" /preprocess="C:\Users\erons\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Attempt2_7D0069CA"
Reading project file....C:\Users\erons\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Attempt2
Reading project file....C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.0.7.110\BaseProject
Reading config delta 'C:\Users\erons\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Attempt2\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.

C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.7.110/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe DONE (0)
Release build
Missing or corrupt GameMaker build tools : 0x4F030002
elapsed time 00:00:01.8647361s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.7.110/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\erons\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 6/24/2017 9:23:59 PM

rIKmAN

You've just replied to an almost year old post where the OP hasn't been back to the site since a month after he made the thread.

Not to mention there have been multiple updates of GMS and various SDKs etc since then.
It would be best for you to make your own thread explaining your issue rather than necrobumping old ones that are no longer relevant.

Mool

They current version works for me, but i need to downgrade to an older version, because of an GM Bug.

If I pass a doulbe Array to my Extension it starts lagging. (25-30fps) :^(

chirpy

I also happened to have seen the same error message "Missing or corrupt GameMaker build tools : 0x4F030002
" after upgrading my gms2 to 2.1.4.295 just now. Build fails if I chose runtime 2.1.4.212 instead of latest 2.1.4.218. Switching to use the latest runtime fixed the issue for me, but the error message isn't the most helpful.

M

mjadev

I also happened to have seen the same error message "Missing or corrupt GameMaker build tools : 0x4F030002
" after upgrading my gms2 to 2.1.4.295 just now. Build fails if I chose runtime 2.1.4.212 instead of latest 2.1.4.218. Switching to use the latest runtime fixed the issue for me, but the error message isn't the most helpful.
same issue here
I will post a bug for that

M

mjadev

I received an answer from Yoyo support about this error : last IDE (2.1.4.295) and runtime (2.1.4.218) are fixing a certificate issue. As consequence, IDE v2.1.4.295 can not run any of previous runtime.
To use a previous runtime,we nee to use ID v2.1.4.288