GameMaker What keys are available/unavailable for keyboard_check?

Been searching the question, can't find the answer. I can find a list of vk keys, but I can't find a list saying what's valid for ord for input. especially... ~ < > ? : " { } | _ + (none of them are on keypad- the + is the key to the left of my backspace)

I can't seem to get any of them to respond to ord, and I'd like to have the option for them in rebinding controls, in case for whatever reason someone wants to use them. (I may not want to, but I believe in making it possible JUST IN CASE, since it should be easy if it is!)

Are they valid keys at all? Am I completely overlooking what I should be using for these keys to make them work? Is it perhaps based on a different keyboard layout altogether? For the record, my keyboard is QWERTY, and the previously-stated keys are in uppercase, not on the keypad, and equate to the following lowercase: ` , . / ; ' [ ] \ - =

TheouAegis

You have to pretty much use the lowercase values for those keys. You can google the key codes. Of course this means if the player is using a keyboard which has the keys mapped differently for whatever reason, it's not going to work as you intended. Of course, this is one of the main reasons why most programs these days offer remapping.

If you do remap control, use keyboard_lastkey, not keyboard_string.