Asset - Extension Heyzap Mediation Ads Extension (UnityAds, Chartboost, Adcolony, Applovin, Vungle, Admob, Tapjoy etc)

D

djrain

Before showing ad try to check internet connection. Some ads are fully loaded to device memory, some ads (video) are streamed from internet.
"ad_shown" callback has 2 values: 1 - shown and 0 - not shown. You can use "not shown" event to continue gameplay.
This did the trick, thanks. You should add that to the documentation (I don't think it's in there).

I have noticed one other problem. Sometimes, after an ad is closed, my game sounds are deactivated and no new sounds will play (as if Gamemaker thinks I have music playing in the background). But this also sometimes happens if I receive a call while playing, so it may just be a problem for Yoyo to fix.

silengames

iOS? GMS 1.4? Try to use last beta, Yoyo have such issue in change log.

FOR ALL UPCOMING QUESTIONS!
PLEASE SPECIFY THE PLATFORM AND GMS VERSION! I wrote about 30% messages with counter-questions about it.

Android, iOS?
GMS 1.4.1804, Platform: Android! I have emailed you also, 4-5 days before!
Also, I have an other extension purely for admob and it does play the video from same app data (pub Id etc) ,From you extension it shows banner only not reward video! Adcolony now works sometime it doesn't (no fill) but it's ok!

Last edited:

silengames

It seems I have not received you e-mail. Please use direct address contact[at]silengames[dot]com
Can you check default settings from the demo?

HeyZap ID: "312e59b64513d3473badcc1d0f6d5d3e"
Package name: com.silengames.heyzapext

Admob ads work here?

EDIT:
Have you checked ads from Test mode? If so, there is some problems on HeyZap SDK side. I can load admob rewarded ads but can not show it here. But if I switch off Test mode - everything works fine and I can see rewarded ads from admob.
Also DO NOT test the ads after closure of Test mode (in room with black buttons) - ads will not loaded. You need to recompile the game without Test mode. I will report this bug to HeyZap team on Monday.

Last edited:

ZigZag

Hi Very nice extension

Is it possible to control where to place the banner ad more specific? What I'm experiencing is that the small banner ad from admob is getting placed in the upper/lower left corner of the screen, and I would like to be able to place it centered :)

Kind regards

silengames

You are right. I can see this issue on Android. I will check it tomorrow. In meantime you can try to edit HeyZapExt.java and remove this strings of code:

bannerOptions.setFacebookBannerSize(CreativeSize.SMART_BANNER);
bannerOptions.setAdmobBannerSize(CreativeSize.SMART_BANNER);
bannerOptions.setGenericBannerSize(CreativeSize.SMART_BANNER);

EDIT: Unfortunatelly this is not help. I will let you know when after finding a solution. Perhaps something changed on HeyZap/Admob side, because everything worked fine in my game Flippy which was released in February.

Last edited:

ZigZag

Hmm Strange, but thank you for the fast reply, I will be implementing your extension in the coming week, so will look forward to the fix :)

It seems I have not received you e-mail. Please use direct address contact[at]silengames[dot]com
Can you check default settings from the demo?

HeyZap ID: "312e59b64513d3473badcc1d0f6d5d3e"
Package name: com.silengames.heyzapext

Admob ads work here?

EDIT:
Have you checked ads from Test mode? If so, there is some problems on HeyZap SDK side. I can load admob rewarded ads but can not show it here. But if I switch off Test mode - everything works fine and I can see rewarded ads from admob.
Also DO NOT test the ads after closure of Test mode (in room with black buttons) - ads will not loaded. You need to recompile the game without Test mode. I will report this bug to HeyZap team on Monday.
I have done as guided! I tried with you I'd too but still admob video didn't shown up on the normal mode too!
Everything else works fine! Just admob reward videos are not working!

silengames

Hmm Strange, but thank you for the fast reply, I will be implementing your extension in the coming week, so will look forward to the fix :)
It is strange, but currently banners position is correct :) I have checked it whole day. Can you please download this game and check banner position here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ketchapp.flippy
Also what about rewarded ads? Do you use Admob rewarded ads? They are work fine?

I have done as guided! I tried with you I'd too but still admob video didn't shown up on the normal mode too!
Everything else works fine! Just admob reward videos are not working!
The situation is not clean. I can not see video and rewarded ad on my test account for HeyZap (unpublished app). But I was able to see it 2-3 months ago, when I prepared the extension update. Also everything works fine in my released game Flippy, I can see revenue from Admob rewarded ads. This game uses current version of extension.
I am trying to find confirmation that rewarded ads is not working for unreleased apps. I noticed about this situation on iOS. Any video ads in not working before release here. But I can not find any confirmed info about it on Admob docs. For example the same situation with Facebook ads for iOS (not sure about Android).
Have you tried to add your device as tested device to HeyZap dashboard?

Last edited:
It is strange, but currently banners position is correct :) I have checked it whole day. Can you please download this game and check banner position here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ketchapp.flippy
Also what about rewarded ads? Do you use Admob rewarded ads? They are work fine?

The situation is not clean. I can not see video and rewarded ad on my test account for HeyZap (unpublished app). But I was able to see it 2-3 months ago, when I prepared the extension update. Also everything works fine in my released game Flippy, I can see revenue from Admob rewarded ads. This game uses current version of extension.

I am trying to find confirmation that rewarded ads is not working for unreleased apps. I noticed about this situation on iOS. Any video ads in not working before release here. But I can not find any confirmed info about it on Admob docs. For example the same situation with Facebook ads for iOS (not sure about Android).
Have you tried to add your device as tested device to HeyZap dashboard?
Hey! I was going to email you today! Ok, so I have done some more testing! First I downloaded the latest extension and in the new fresh project I extract all the content of demo and run it in both test mode and non-test mode (recompiled) I both I found that all the reward videos from Adcolony, unity,vungal,heyzap etc are working yes AdMob is not working! Now In my project, I removed all the previous extensions data and extracted the new one in it as I done in the demo! None of my ad videos come now and yes Admob is now the only provider which shows AdMob videos as well as banner too! Now I removed my pub Id and I used yours and used your Package name too! and for the same project with your id and package name all ad Providers video started showing but not Admob! All are "failed to load" or "Time Out" or "Rejected by segmentation", And when Admob Video finished It shows something like "Incentive video was done by Vungal" etc but a video is from AdMob :p

I was previously using heyzap SDK 9.10, and all the providers work except adMob Reward Videos! It shows "Rejected by segmentation," I think it is because GPS have ads after sdk 9.10.1 (not sure about it)

My app is released but I never gave a link to anyone! It is in store :p

silengames

Today I switched off all networks except Admob in HeyZap segmentation for my account. So you unable to see ads from other network using my heyzap id.
Oh, Admob is really f*** my mind. Still trying to find solution...

Have you tried test the game downloaded from the store? Perhaps Admob will work if it downloaded from Google Play.

silengames

Hm, perhaps I found a reason.
Where are you from?
I am from Russia and during this month we have problems with access to some Google service due goverment action. They trying to block Telegram messenger, but as result they blocked half a internet :D
So if I use VPN with IP from one of the european country - I finally can see video and rewarded ads.
I think also it is impossible to show Admob ads in China, for example, coz all Google services is blocked here.

D

Deeje

Thanks for the great extension. One problem I'm having is that banner ads from HeyZap Exchange don't fit the width of my device. They align to the left side of the screen and only fill about 3/4 of the screen. Any way to fix this or at least center the banners? Also I noticed that when accidentally swiping up on these same ads, they fill the entire screen and there's no way to close them aside from force closing the whole app.

silengames

Good solution will be switch HeyZap Exchange off in segmentation ;)
I will ask them about it. Unfortunatelly I am unable to control horisonal positioning from extension side.

ZigZag, I understand now why my banners are fine. I switch off all networks except Admob. So it was HeyZap Exchange issue, not Admob issue.

Today I switched off all networks except Admob in HeyZap segmentation for my account. So you unable to see ads from other network using my heyzap id.
Oh, Admob is really f*** my mind. Still trying to find solution...

Have you tried test the game downloaded from the store? Perhaps Admob will work if it downloaded from Google Play.
I have a version of my game uploaded on store and I shows Unity, vungal and Adcolony ad only , no admob, SDK it is using are heyzap 9.10.1
Adcolony 3.1.2
Unity 2.1.0
Vungle 4.0.3
In grade in have Google play services ":9+" idk what exactly the line are the version is that " :9+"

silengames

Admob did not work for you in old extension with GPS 9+ too or you just did not want to use it?

Could you try to add Admob, update your app, download new version and check Admob videos? :)

D

Deeje

Good solution will be switch HeyZap Exchange off in segmentation ;)
I will ask them about it. Unfortunatelly I am unable to control horisonal positioning from extension side.

Joking or is that actually possible?? Because they are really ugly ads compared to other networks, and they are all 100% irrelevant to me so they must not be targeted and so won't attract a lot of clicks.

Ok! I'll clean the project ! Re extract the latest Extension! And upload the latest version on Google play store and check if everything is running fine or not! :)
Also I'm using yoyo games extension for Google play services and deleted everything for injection gradel! Just for info :)

In Normal Mode -> I Still Only getting AdMobs Ads! Only one time I got Vungle's ad!
In Testing Mode -> I try to load Adcolony, Unity, Vungle they all fail to load! only admob reward and banner gets loaded!

I have PM'ed you the Game's, Store Link! Please try it on your side!

Last edited:

silengames

I understand nothing. We started this disscotion from admob problems. All networks worked except admob rewards. But now admob rewards work only?

EDIT: I have checked your game. Admob rewards work fine.

Last edited:
I understand nothing. We started this disscotion from admob problems. All networks worked except admob rewards. But now admob rewards work only?

EDIT: I have checked your game. Admob rewards work fine.
Yes! At first all the networks are providing ads to my game only admob was not working, the version used heyzap SDK 9.10.1! When I fetch the admob videos it show msg "Rejected by segmentation", So I cleaned the Extension, reextracted the new one (update) now Admob videos are loading but non of my other adproviders work! Ad loading Failed, Time out etc are showing! I just updated the Extension nothing else! In the latest Google play It is the latest version with latest Extension and only admob is working!

Edit: I updated sdk and I'm getting unity and admob now :) but Adcolony and Vungle still missing permission? No video is loading!

Last edited:

silengames

"Missing permission" is okay. The extension use only required permissions. Optional permissions is not included coz you need privacy policy to use them. Those networks work fine on my side. Also Admob rewarded ads work in released app. So everything should be okay :)

Also keep in mind that you must clean project (brush icon) after updating libs/sdk and other changes in extensions.

G

Guy_Typing

@silengames using GMS2 there is an update to google play services extension that just came out (3.1) and your current instructions in the documentation break the cloud sync feature,the instructions are as follows:
If you want to use "Google Play Services" extension from YoYoGames you should use at least v2.5.0. Please delete all strings from "Inject to Gradle" and "Inject to AndroidManifest (Application Level)" in "Google Play Services" extension properties on Android tab to avoid errors when compiling.
Can you update your extension to fix the cloud_sync issue when removing the gradle injection code as well as android manifest code? Thanks!

silengames

Sorry, I am on vacation. I will be able to fix it on June 3. In meantime please try to delete strings related to GPS only and leave other string in gradle and manifest. For example if you see "cloud" text then leave this string.

Or you can paste full gradle and manifest text here and perhaps I can help.

G

Guy_Typing

Sorry, I am on vacation. I will be able to fix it on June 3. In meantime please try to delete strings related to GPS only and leave other string in gradle. For example is you "cloud" then leave it.
@silengames Okay, I will keep messing with it. I think there is still an issue with the extension itself (google play services extension) for GMS2 as well. It seems that if I leave the injection to gradle and also leave the cloud save code in the manifest and only remove the ad code in manifest, it seems this no longer gets in the way of the extension. I do get a crash on cloud sync still, however I no longer think that is your extensions fault. If I get both working, alongside each other I will update here, in the mean time I think the onus is on yoyo to get google play services extension working properly for GMS2.

Last edited:
D

djrain

I have noticed that my iOS app's "Documents and Data" size increases significantly after each time playing the game (it has gone from a few KB up to 60 MB, and doesn't seem to have an upper limit). Is this extension caching ads even between sessions? And if so, can I stop it from doing that? I could understand if it was storing a few MB, but this is just way too much.

EDIT: I just experimented by turning off my wifi and reinstalling the game. Now the data doesn't exceed 1 MB no matter how many times I open it. So it seems this extension is indeed the cause. I can't submit my game to the app store if it's going to just keep on hogging storage...

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheWonderer

Hi, today i started to get run/build errors:

WARNING: Module 'com.google.android.gms: play-services:11.8.0' depends on one or more Android Libraries but is a jar

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.companyname.Break_out'.
> Could not find play-services.jar (com.google.android.gms: play-services:11.8.0).
Searched in the following locations:
https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/google/android/gms/play-services/11.8.0/play-services-11.8.0.jar

traced it to Heyzap, removing Heyzap completly from project fix this.

Android sdk full updated
Any idea how to fix it??

Got it fixed by changing com.google.android.gms: play-services:11.8.0 to
com.google.android.gms: play-services-games:11.8.0

RyanC

I have noticed that my iOS app's "Documents and Data" size increases significantly after each time playing the game (it has gone from a few KB up to 60 MB, and doesn't seem to have an upper limit). Is this extension caching ads even between sessions? And if so, can I stop it from doing that? I could understand if it was storing a few MB, but this is just way too much.

EDIT: I just experimented by turning off my wifi and reinstalling the game. Now the data doesn't exceed 1 MB no matter how many times I open it. So it seems this extension is indeed the cause. I can't submit my game to the app store if it's going to just keep on hogging storage...
If you use Unity Ads for iOS try this!
Think I've finally found an answer to prevent caching so many ads. I've spoken with Unity Ads, and the issue is definitely the old unity ads SDK that's integrated with this extension. (unity ads SDK V2.1.1)
The new one can be downloaded here
I know this is going to save users wondering why the cache grows to gigabytes in a matter of weeks, and giving bad reviews.

RyanC

Thank you, I didn't see that! Did that solve the problem for you? Do you think I should use the latest version (2.2.1)?
Yes, but I used the Android version. I just linked you to the iOS version because you said your game was for App Store. I think this will help with your ad caching issue.
I think I just took the version that said improved cache handling :)

D

djrain

Yes, but I used the Android version. I just linked you to the iOS version because you said your game was for App Store. I think this will help with your ad caching issue.
I think I just took the version that said improved cache handling :)
Just tried replacing with the latest version, but it's still increased from nothing to 100 MB. I guess it didn't make much of a difference.

Then I went ahead and just removed the Unity ads framework from the extension folder and disabled it in my Heyzap account. But even that didn't help! So maybe it's not a Unity issue...

RyanC

Just tried replacing with the latest version, but it's still increased from nothing to 100 MB. I guess it didn't make much of a difference.

Then I went ahead and just removed the Unity ads framework from the extension folder and disabled it in my Heyzap account. But even that didn't help! So maybe it's not a Unity issue...
When I had the same issue, I new it was Unity because I could see the folder Unity Ads Cache growing on the Android device.

See what other ad networks you've integrated and try to locate the data!

D

djrain

When I had the same issue, I new it was Unity because I could see the folder Unity Ads Cache growing on the Android device.

See what other ad networks you've integrated and try to locate the data!
Unfortunately iOS doesn't show you specifics like that for the app data, so you can't tell exactly where it's coming from.

Can you tell me how big your cache is getting? Is there a point it doesn't usually go past? I'm not sure what the normal amount should be... though I'm guessing it also depends on how many networks you're using.

P

Pano

Hi,
I don't understand why I see a video even if I use HeyZap_ShowInterstitial....
Thanks

RyanC

Unfortunately iOS doesn't show you specifics like that for the app data, so you can't tell exactly where it's coming from.

Can you tell me how big your cache is getting? Is there a point it doesn't usually go past? I'm not sure what the normal amount should be... though I'm guessing it also depends on how many networks you're using.
I had reports from users saying that the cache was growing over 1 GB and not stopping. If you're experiencing this issue, I'd really recommend fixing it before release, otherwise it could lead to bad reviews and less exposure on the store!

If you can't see the folders, then maybe try and disable one ad network at a time via the online Heyzap interface to debug which ones are causing the issue.

silengames

I am back from vacation and will update the extension this week. New function related to GDPR etc. But HeyZap SDK is not provide any ready solution for getting user consent. You can just select to showing personalized ads or not. Perhaps I will add some kind of simple pop up for EU users. But it will require more time. Currently I am not sure that using user regional code is enough to detect EU users.

There is quick solution for working with new Google Play Services extension:
Add this text to the end of "Inject to Gradle" field of HeyZap Extension Android properties
Code:
}
repositories {
       maven { url "https://maven.google.com" }
}
dependencies {

Last edited:

silengames

It is how HeyZap SDK works. This issue was discussed many times. It is how ANY mediation networks works. You use many networks which download lots of content. But you are absolutelly okay to upload the game to the AppStore. Ketchapp uses HeyZap and do not worry about this issue ;) Also Zplay, AppsoluteGames and many many other big publishers.

silengames

Hi, today i started to get run/build errors:

WARNING: Module 'com.google.android.gms: play-services:11.8.0' depends on one or more Android Libraries but is a jar

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.companyname.Break_out'.
> Could not find play-services.jar (com.google.android.gms: play-services:11.8.0).
Searched in the following locations:
https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/google/android/gms/play-services/11.8.0/play-services-11.8.0.jar

traced it to Heyzap, removing Heyzap completly from project fix this.

Android sdk full updated
Any idea how to fix it??

Got it fixed by changing com.google.android.gms: play-services:11.8.0 to
com.google.android.gms: play-services-games:11.8.0
Try to use solution from previous message.

RyanC

I am back from vacation and will update the extension this week. New function related to GDPR etc. But HeyZap SDK is not provide any ready solution for getting user consent. You can just select to showing personalized ads or not. Perhaps I will add some kind of simple pop up for EU users. But it will require more time. Currently I am not sure that using user regional code is enough to detect EU users.

There is quick solution for working with new Google Play Services extension:
Add this text to the end of "Inject to Gradle" field of HeyZap Extension Android properties
Code:
}
repositories {
}
dependencies {
Was just wondering what that text actually does?

In case this helps, I also found a link to where Fyber mentions Heyzap's method of obtaining user consent, see Step 6 on this page: https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/android_sdk_setup_and_requirements

silengames

Was just wondering what that text actually does?

In case this helps, I also found a link to where Fyber mentions Heyzap's method of obtaining user consent, see Step 6 on this page: https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/android_sdk_setup_and_requirements
It uses for loading Google libs from internet. Google libs can not be loaded in Android SDK Manager anymore. You need it if you use GPS higher than 11.0.4

New HeyZap method can not obtaining user consent. You need to obtain it by your self and then send consent (or not) with this method.

RyanC

It uses for loading Google libs from internet. Google libs can not be loaded in Android SDK Manager anymore. You need it if you use GPS higher than 11.0.4

New HeyZap method can not obtaining user consent. You need to obtain it by your self and then send consent (or not) with this method.
Oh! I guess I'll have to wait for the update in this extension. As my consent form is done but I currently have no lovely gml function to pass consent to heyzap yet ;-) My viewers will just have non personal ads until then.

J

Jrtllion

Anyone have any luck getting this to compile? Tried both suggestions above by silengames & the thewonderer with no luck. Any tips on what worked would be appreciated.
EDIT: using 1.4 and trying to build for android. adding the code as suggested by Silengames above did not resolve the issue.
EDIT 2: Got it to compile eventually using a blend of the 2 fixes above, however the only ads which will actually play are Heyzap. Admob shows missing sdk, and unity loads the ad, but won't play it (cannot play ad notification). Any help would be appreciated. I attached my working inject to gradle code.

Code:
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-games:11+'
}
android {
    sourceSets {
        main {
            jniLibs.srcDirs += ['elibs']
        }
    }
}

dependencies {
}
repositories {
}
dependencies {

silengames

NEW VERSION 3.2.0 RELEASED!

- All SDK Updated (15.06.2018)
- GDPR consent function added
- Android 6+: request for missing permission on startup
- New networks included: Iron Source, Mopub (android), Tapjoy (android)

NOTE: additional action required if you use lattest Google Play Service Extention for Android. It contain a bug. Read docs for more details: http://heyzap.silengames.com/help