Asset - Project Ultimate RPG Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Posh Indie

That Guy
The asset looks great and all, but I would caution you about the marketplace video content. I saw quite a few colorful (To say the least) descriptions and labels. It is not too big of a deal at first glance, but I am not too sure how friendly I would expect the developer to be with support requests when there is a label in the advertisement video that reads "Suck a D***". Was that a skill I noticed called, "F*** S***"?

I just always like to check the marketplace latest releases for what comes out (Ecosystem is important), so my non-purchase is a side effect of that (Not the labels). I just thought I would at least give some constructive criticism after randomly exploring and noticing that.

"Unmatched AI" made me laugh when you just had guys walking straight toward the player and attacking in place when they got close. What games are you comparing to?! :p

The asset looks useful and well done overall, though. Nice work!

L

LoF

@Posh Indie - There is a reason why I am, by my customers grace currently rated 5/5*. Customer for me is always the first and I reply to support tickets within a hour. Thanks for your comment. I've already got a ticket about this, tought nobody will care about the language I use for samples. Literally, one can change these labels, F* Y* is a lorem ipsum substitution for me. Engine even supports multilanguage (not shown on the video), the Czech language is implemented as the secondary option, simply switch to it and screw labels will be gone.

@RichHopelessComposer - Really the AI is unmatched as the pathfinding works in complex terrain and even up to 16 enemies at once can manage their paths to hunt player effectivelly. Sort of p2p protocol implemented to achieve this. My asset should be better than RPG Maker in the first place. Thanks for your kind words.

If anyone of you have more questions, please hit me on FB, I will be able to reply back faster.
https://www.facebook.com/matej.stagl

P

PhenomenalDev

@LoF Unless I'm misunderstanding p2p protocol is peer-to-peer and is used in networking meaning it has nothing to do with AI.

L

LoF

@LoF Unless I'm misunderstanding p2p protocol is peer-to-peer and is used in networking meaning it has nothing to do with AI.
Peer to peer is a concept which I used for my AI. Your point is right but it's the way foes share they info about the map. Like one entity solves a part of the problem crucial for it and shares solution with others (not all of them tho) . After some additions problem is solved enough that about 1/3 of foes can simply rely on it and compute literally nothing about the pathfinding for themselfs. Optimisation that works .

Status
Not open for further replies.