Favorite YouTube Channels/Videos

D

DanniBoy

I watch a lotta Youtube. I watch it like television! from videogame related stuff to comedy skits to armed European martial arts demonstrations, I'll probably watch if it's interesting xD
Feel free to post a channel or a video you like, give a lil summery too if you're so inclined. I can't link anything rn because anti-spam measures here, but I guess i could just name a few channels i love:

Mega64 - My favorite comedy channel. video-game related humor, weird, surreal and borderline avant-garde and i LOVE em xD
brutalmoose - video-game review channel with a twist of cooking shows. brilliant variety, hilarious editing and a vibrant host!
vinesauce - game streamer who posts edited highlights and honestly, nothing quite like it. it's freaking hilarious and i can't recommend him more!
Jim Sterling - a game journalist who can be divisive depending on who you ask, but i really like him because of his integrity and honesty as a journalist. he is opinionated and calls out bull when he sees it. he also has a weird sende of humor which i always approve of xD
Summoning Salt - Talks in detail about the history of speedrunning of various games. very fascinating, even if his line delivery can be a lil dry sometimes. still, very well researched and interesting content!

That's all i'll name for now. please share some yourself too!

Roa

conversation/social issues and pol:

• Vee- learned social commentator
  • TLDR(the real teal deer) -learned social commentator+ deep policy dissection.
  • Sargon of Akkad- The "radical right winger" who is accused of the crimes of explaining the corruption in modern news articles
  • shoe on head- funny low hanging fruit echo chamber
  • TheQuartering- poor bastard sucked off from his board games and comics to argue common sense
  • Paul Joseph watson- right winger who water boards god awful celebrities who are all talk and no action
  • No bullπŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©- just more endless pol points
  • armored skeptic- more pol and faith talking points from liberal perspectives
  • undoomed-- more pol and faith talking points from liberal perspectives
  • SJWCentral- just compilations of the vocal actors of far social left making an ass of themselves. Videos are constant and always funny.

gaming and tech

• explaining computers.com- creepy old guy explains his favorite nick-nack computer tech
  • jayz2cents -comp enthusiast
  • linus tech tips - spoiled brat with too much money(free stuff), arrogant as all hell and rude to his workers, but somehow, I still appreciate his content.
  • no swear gamer- one guy that just reviews old games that are mostly forgotten, very charming.
  • The 8-bit guy- old vintage computer and game collector. Get extensive knowledge into old technologies and companies+ game reviews
  • Thunderf00t- all about debunking terrible sell out pseudosciences to a point of shame.(sometimes pol and faith, but thats mostly common sense vs a position)
  • Real Engineering- anything and everything behind structural analysis?
  • Jabrils random small time peep who talks about anything relating to his personal development in software coding.
  • Aquarius199 - talks about doom ports and custom wads, some bad, some great
  • ELi the computer guy- really well informed on networking and computer tech...except on small occasions where he willfully ignorant but still talks about a subject matter he clearly isn't qualified for.(worse than just being wrong, he seems complacent in misinformation sometimes, and that's extremely disappointing from someone who is clearly very wise and smart)

entertainment

• RedLetterMedia- unable to breath levels of endless laughter from 3-4 socially award men who rip apart old movies, do movie reviews, and try to bear market saturated schlock VHS tapes.
  • CreepsMcpasta- soothing voice who picks out the least offensive and highest quality creep-pastas and reads them.
  • Mike the cop- experience of being a law enforcement officer
  • officer401- experience of being a law enforcement officer.
  • bearing(before he was removed?)- even more anti- far social left but with less focus on making a point and more on poking fun as the absurdity.
  • V-sauce- literally just time waster of interest things and facts you dont normally think about.
  • Airforceproud95- real life pilot who plays with kids in MS flight sim, literally funny for no πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©ing reason in particular other than his projection and choice of words.
  • Chris ray gun- run and gun social commentary(common sense distributor) and memester.

still trying to figure out why I haven't removed them

• mathewSantoro- total πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©ing stage boy, click bait as πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©, usually steals other people's pre-compiled work(click bait articles in themselves) and dubs over it in a video. Good at tricking dumb people. Will do anything for views including lie about experiences and events.
  • Jim sterling- he stopped making content worth while long ago. Its mostly trashing low hanging fruit indi πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©. I dont even think he likes his job anymore. keeps referencing what he actually wants- to become a wrestler.
  • Amazing atheist/Tj kirk- angry liberal who was once funny(in a trashy way) and on point, but now seems far more concerned with his dwindling audience and sponsors than actually making πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’© he values personally
  • YongYea- pads his videos to make the 10 minute mark and doesn't even try to hide it. Not much of an original thinker, but brings attention to important small bits of news in the gaming community though.
  • Andywarski - guy who used to make social commentary as a comedian, but seems to forgo common decency and actually making content. Makes terrible excuses for opinions and actions if not pre-scripted.
Avoid like the plague but used to watch
  • Rich of reviewtechUSA- completely spineless shell of a man. Someone who will surely die without having stood for anything. Always apologizes in advance for even hinting he wants to step outside the safety box and take a concrete stand on something. Always apologizes and back peddles as soon as he gets even 10% down vote. Makes mountain out of mole hills with nothing but speculation, but then down plays the real happenings of things he doesn't actually want to talk about, vs simply not talking about it. Clearly takes opinions from other authors and extenuates them, barely modifies them enough to call them his own. Literally got tired of him sniveling like a coward to his fanbase, but then go and talk about something he literally has no information for, or is just parroting πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©. A man that doesnt own his fanbase, but his fanbase owns him.

Right up there with boogie2988 but at least I understand why he is like that, and its consistent with his character. At least he has principles.

Last edited:
Z

zendraw

actually, I do watch him a bit now. he has matured a bit and so has his audience. Its still his persona, but evolved, and he is much more stomach able than before.
yeah right, matured from 12 to 15

H

HyperAdrian

For me I am from Romania so I watch romanian youtubers.I will list just my favorite one.
Codrin Bradea : Satana - He has a gaming and also vlogging channel.His physical characteristics are:he's kinda fat (in past he was slim) and he has bear.Other stuff:he has a more indecent languages,he is also a raper.He made a rap for Overwatch,Firewatch,a rap battle with his friend(Echo),Outlast2,Unravel,ScrapMechanic,etc and also raps/music for his rap band(he collaborate with Echo) named Bazooka.Oh and the games that he play are mostly that not many has played (the recent game that he post was Super Bunny Man), and also plays horror games.Unfortunately his videos are not subtitled.I think the only subtitled video is the rap battle with Echo but that one is in Russian.

D

DanniBoy

Jim sterling- he stopped making content worth while long ago. Its mostly trashing low hanging fruit indi ****. I dont even think he likes his job anymore. keeps referencing what he actually wants- to become a wrestler.
I dunno, I don't quite see him like that. sure it's low hanging fruit a lot of the time, i'll not deny you on that front, but hey, low hanging fruit can be tasty when you're in the mood xD
He's certainly changed in his mindset over the years, but i still see plenty off worth in his content personally. His Jimquisitions are still excellent and his Jimpressions video are fun to binge on even if they are low effort and trashy, but perhaps it's down to your viewing habits :L
and dammit, VSWID is low-key my favorite videos of his, don't even care they're just hilarious xD

T

Tirous

I'm a vary political person, vary much left, though mostly on economic issues (labour protections, unions, etc), not really on social things. I watch things like SecularTalk, MajorityReport, and people like Richard D Wolff and Noam Chomsky. Apart from that, when I'm not feeling the prior, I like to watch things like GameGrumps, 3Blue1Brown, and Xidnaf, among other things.

I don't like things like pewdiepie, but that's just me, I do see why people like them, however annoying I may find said target demographic...

Last edited:

Niels

• Jim sterling- but only the jimquisiton... His other shows are filler imo
  • Gamegrumps- mostly for seeing old school or terrible games with funny conversations
  • Zero punctuation- hearing yahtzee ripping apart any game I love is always entertaining(also his old alt channel where he hosted: let's play and let's drown out video's is really worth it. It also has playthroughs from his own game maker projects)
  • Pretty good gaming- down to earth british gaming news channel with hosts that are funny without the "look at me I'm so crazy/funny!"
  • Extra credits- except when they defend lootboxes... But other than that it's a awesome Gamedesign info channel
  • Mark brown - game makers toolbox

Last edited:
The game-related ones I tend to watch regularly:
  • Mark Brown - Game Makers Toolbox
  • Game Dev Underground - has some good info on all different aspects of indie dev
  • Nookrium - just a let's player, but quite good
  • Yippee Ki Yay Mr Falcon - another let's player, and is quite funny especially when he gets spooked during his playthroughs
  • BaerTaffy - another let's player
  • Outside XBox - mainly for the laughs, but also to see what is happening in the Xbox world
  • OutsideXtra - again, mainly for the laughs, but they cover all consoles so quite good to see what is happening on multiple platforms
  • Playstation Access - mainly for the Friday Features with Rob as they tend to be quite a good laugh
  • Tom Francis (dev of Gunpoint and Heat Signature) - development video blogs on what he is working on, issues he runs into and how to gets around them

C

Capptianm

For music, I have to recommend Jonathan Young. He is, in my opinion, the best cover artist on youtube. I love all of his covers, my favorite being his cover of Odd Future which he released recently.

For video games, Haedox is my favorite general analysis channel on youtube. His editing style is hilarious, and his opinions on video games I often found myself agreeing with. His video's often help me contextualize my opinions about games. Mark Brown is my favorite channel for video game analysis, talking about game design. His editing is also very clean and simplistic, very appealing to look at. the Game Grumps are some of the funniest people on the internet, simply go and look up "Game Grumps Mark Zuckerberg" and you will never stop laughing.

O

Ode Imaginations

For music, I have to recommend Jonathan Young. He is, in my opinion, the best cover artist on youtube. I love all of his covers, my favorite being his cover of Odd Future which he released recently.

For video games, Haedox is my favorite general analysis channel on youtube. His editing style is hilarious, and his opinions on video games I often found myself agreeing with. His video's often help me contextualize my opinions about games. Mark Brown is my favorite channel for video game analysis, talking about game design. His editing is also very clean and simplistic, very appealing to look at. the Game Grumps are some of the funniest people on the internet, simply go and look up "Game Grumps Mark Zuckerberg" and you will never stop laughing.
Do you know good youtube channels with original compositions in there? Like video game music and completely original. So many, I found, are cover youtubers. I'm personally just more interested in original stuff. A good cover artist is always a good cover artist, though :)

Reactions: Mut
C

Capptianm

Do you know good youtube channels with original compositions in there? Like video game music and completely original. So many, I found, are cover youtubers. I'm personally just more interested in original stuff. A good cover artist is always a good cover artist, though :)
Jonathan Young has some original songs on his channel that are pretty good. you can also watch Natewantstobattle, who has a ton of good original compositions

O

Ode Imaginations

Jonathan Young has some original songs on his channel that are pretty good. you can also watch Natewantstobattle, who has a ton of good original compositions
Thanks for the tips! I will definitely check them out :)

K12gamer

I included all my favorites on a webpage...HERE

All of them are from Symphony of Science.
They're all music based and feature famous scientists like Carl Sagan...

E

Erdrickgr

GDC (even though I only watch like 15% of what they upload)
Insert Literary Pun Here - Thoughtful, non-YA book reviews
Georg Rockall-Schmidt - Vids on (usually older) movies and the film industry in general
Jenny Nicholson - Pop culture vids, especially of the more 'geeky' and 'youthful' variety
Folding Ideas - Mostly film theory and evaluating execution by movies
DaisukeMinamizawa2 - Guitar covers of JRPGs and some other stuff, and (I think) some originals