Windows Metaloid:Origin (Fast-Paced gun'n run platformer)

T

TGHoly

Hi
Me and my friend working on 2D platformer/shooter inspire from Megaman+Turrican call "Metaloid:Origin" We start develop this game since early 2015 on GMS1 but put it on hold for year to develop another game "Metagal" which released on steam last year.

After we done with Metagal we immedietly continue on this game but since the code become outdate we decide to remake it Entirely include graphic and move it to GMS2.

We try to get feedback from our player in previous game and while we can't improve several thing in our previous product so at least we can use it to improve our new project.

after 6 month of none stop development finally we got some gameplay video that polish enough to show and we really pround of it however many thing still need to improve and it might take several month to finish the game.

We aim to release the game on steam this year since we manage to get greenlit before it shut down.

[Quick Features]
- Fast paced run'n gun platformer.
- 3 Playable characters each with different weapons and upgrades.
- Fight through 9 levels each offer it own mechanic also unique environment.
- Explore for secret items and power up.
- Can you survive from 40 type of enemies and 18 Bosses.
- Wide Screen and Controller Support. (XInput controllers only)
- Music by Kamil Sudrajat same composer from Metagal.

[Developer]
Tharathon Wattanavikrai //Lead Designer , Artist
Alberto Dolci //Programer , Level Designer
Kamil Sudrajat // Musician

[Social]
https://www.facebook.com/metaloidgame/

https://twitter.com/Tgholy

And feel free to leave your comment it's could help us improve our game. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am happy to see you're still working on this. I remember your posts from years ago on the Steam GameMaker forum.

I was a fan of MetaGal and my friend is a far bigger fan than I. He will be happy about this.

Last edited:
M

MatthewRockVGM

This looks fantastic, the graphics are gorgeous.

dannerz

I plan to download this in a few hours. I'm currently at the library. How did you form your team? Do you all group chat as you work on the game? I don't mean to sound mean but a lot of people dont have what it takes to make a full game. So i am surprised. I will post more later today.

T

TGHoly

thank you everyone.

I plan to download this in a few hours. I'm currently at the library. How did you form your team? Do you all group chat as you work on the game? I don't mean to sound mean but a lot of people dont have what it takes to make a full game. So i am surprised. I will post more later today.
Download? beside from prototype demo we've release in 2015 and Metagal from last year we not yet release any beta/demo of remake version for this game yet.

Well about my team... me and my friend use to work for other studio before and we use to develope several game for Nintendo DS/ Mobile before have opportunity to do our own thing,
that's why we can place trust on each other at some rate and usuallywe communicate via facebook or simply meet each other in person.

thank you everyone.

Download? beside from prototype demo we've release in 2015 and Metagal from last year we not yet release any beta/demo of remake version for this game yet.

Well about my team... me and my friend use to work for other studio before and we use to develope several game for Nintendo DS/ Mobile before have opportunity to do our own thing,
that's why we can place trust on each other at some rate and usuallywe communicate via facebook or simply meet each other in person.
If anyone wants to buy MetaGal, I highly recommend it... actually my friend will recommend it even more than I will. He's the one that bought me and others a copy.

I'll provide a link to the store and take the blame for it :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/467850/METAGAL/

The criticism for the game has always been enemy placement.

T

TGHoly

Thank sitebender to help us promote the game.

I alway wonder what wrong with enemy placement in Metagal, isn't they was there and suppose to kill you in first place? and my friend usually put them at the place where they can perform their attack most efficient, If at leat we learn why player though their placement is unfair we can prevent those to happen in Metaloid. (truly in MO we try to use instakill less as possible but some gimmick still require such design to balance out but overall MO seem to focus on combat than gimmick comepare to Metagal)

from what I understand I think player try to rush the level in first playthrough than patient progress between each area and weapon in that game IMO very powerful for their job.
only final boss and fortress 3 that I feel for player furstration and we will try to prevent that to happen again. :p

Thank sitebender to help us promote the game.

I alway wonder what wrong with enemy placement in Metagal, isn't they was there and suppose to kill you in first place? and my friend usually put them at the place where they can perform their attack most efficient, If at leat we learn why player though their placement is unfair we can prevent those to happen in Metaloid. (truly in MO we try to use instakill less as possible but some gimmick still require such design to balance out but overall MO seem to focus on combat than gimmick comepare to Metagal)

from what I understand I think player try to rush the level in first playthrough than patient progress between each area and weapon in that game IMO very powerful for their job.
only final boss and fortress 3 that I feel for player furstration and we will try to prevent that to happen again. :p
After playing the game myself the enemies seem to be right where you're jumping so you have to kill them first before you get close. The moving platforms among enemies don't help. I remember dropping into an enemy from another screen.

You're right about players rushing through levels. That's probably it, you have to kill enemies to proceed. I think that's why people enjoy Mario or Sonic, its the sense of speed as opposed to having to tackle an obstacle.

I'll give it another try, record a video and get back to you. My friend has no problem with it. He has 16+ hours in it and amazingly its listed as his favorite game on Steam.

T

TGHoly

oh that very useful info we will be more careful in our next game,for Metagal I afraid we can't do much for it at moment and glade to hear Metagal got some fan. :D

T

TGHoly

Artwork of characters and Bosses.

[Playable Characters]

[Main Bosses]

Bluetail7

DID I HEAR METALOID?? OH MY LORD I LOVE YOUR GAMES!!
AAHHHH!!! DIES
I'll be looking forward to this project!

I hope you succeed with this game and make more in the future!
You guys really deserve it!!

T

TGHoly

At this point I think all we have left is to finish ingame cutscene and story telling part but darn I'm really bad at story telling XD.

Desert level inspire from Madmax feature scooter combat but player also choose to walk if they prefer.

Overall Arctic base level still follow traditional ice level with slide ground and such also some large enemy can only be found in this level.

waterfall is part of forest level which focus to teach player about game basic mechanic player can explore the area to find some hiddern item.

I

icebox91

Wow ! Everything looks great graphics / gameplay / cover art . Looking forward for more !

Morendral

The cover art looks good, but the I and d don't look separate, and looks like they are both just a D. It looks like it spells metalod

T

TGHoly

The cover art looks good, but the I and d don't look separate, and looks like they are both just a D. It looks like it spells metalod
Thank you for your suggestion! maybe it would help if I try to give it little more distance between I and D.

Cameron

I'm curious as to why you didn't take morendrals advice and separate the I and D. It does indeed look like the title of your game is metalod. what's the point of posting in here if you aren't going to address issues from proper feedback?

T

TGHoly

I'm curious as to why you didn't take morendrals advice and separate the I and D. It does indeed look like the title of your game is metalod. what's the point of posting in here if you aren't going to address issues from proper feedback?
I've tried but didn't look much different. maybe change the design of "I" might help but at this rate I think it already too late to do that.

Cameron

I've tried but didn't look much different. maybe change the design of "I" might help but at this rate I think it already too late to do that.

I feel like that makes a big difference. I'm not a graphics designer but my brain sees that as more an I and D for some reason. Anyhow, its not too late, I don't understand why you say that.