Demo Hyper Lava Death Squad

S

Silvervale

Twitter_Header.png
Hyper Lava Death Squad is a hectic and explosive shooter where the only way to win is to knock your opponents into the lava. You and your AI team face off against other mercenary teams to see who's the best in the galaxy, testing your agility, focus, and multitasking abilities.
  • Control yourself and your rockets simultaneously
  • Upgrade your stats
  • Unlock new armor
  • Lead your AI squadmates to victory
  • Rank up the leaderboards
HLDS Screenshot 1.png
HLDS Screenshot 2.png

I've been working on this on and off for a few months now, and it is finally coming together into something pretty playable, so I'm feeling more comfortable about showing this in public.

If you're interested in trying the in-dev/alpha test, you can download it here (Windows only):
DOWNLOAD

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Silvervale

This week I've been working a lot on cleaning up some of the UI and in game GUI, as well as adding some more misc effects. I still need to add a bunch of sound effects to the buttons and menus, which is usually pretty difficult for me to come up with something that sounds good. Audacity comes in handy, though. I can usually think of the type of sound I want to create, but generating and editing something to end up close to what I have in my brain is hard.

Here is the current WIP of the skills/stats menu.

WIP Ability Menu.png

S

Silvervale

I've spent the better part of this last week polishing up a lot of features and getting everything usable, as well as implementing a few extra features. This is all towards getting a playable demo out there for people to start testing and generating feedback. The main post has been updated with the download link if anyone is interested in giving it a try.

If you do try it out, thanks in advance! And any feedback is appreciated

S

Silvervale

I'm finally getting around to adding a new tile set and creating a second map. I've added a bunch of little tweaks too, such as the spawns dynamically changing and moving around the map, which makes for much more diverse game play.

ScreenshotSaturday.png

R

Red Phantom

I did a gameplay video review for you!