• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Connection to localhost Successful - No devices found

andev

I am trying to get game maker 2 to detect my iPhone SE, but I keep getting that error in the title.
The iPhone is plugged in and recognised by iTunes.

I have tried restarting everything concerned, and everything is up to date (I'm not running high sierra, but I'm on the latest version of sierra I can get).

rIKmAN

I am trying to get game maker 2 to detect my iPhone SE, but I keep getting that error in the title.
The iPhone is plugged in and recognised by iTunes.

I have tried restarting everything concerned, and everything is up to date (I'm not running high sierra, but I'm on the latest version of sierra I can get).
I'm not sure if the same thing happens on a Mac, but on PC when you first plug in an iOS device you get a popup on the device asking whether you want to "Trust this computer?" where you need to click yes or no to allow / disallow access to the device.

Might not be the issue, but worth checking: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202778

A

Alex_Beach

The only way it works for me is through xCode. Make sure xCode is set up for testing on your device and not a simulator.

andev

I can compile a blank game from xcode to my phone no problem. But I can't get GM2 to compile to xcode in the first place because it can't find the device.

It just says:
Configuration Problem : No iOS device found, check your target settings.

in the compiler output. Even if I check "suppress build" in settings

rIKmAN

I can compile a blank game from xcode to my phone no problem. But I can't get GM2 to compile to xcode in the first place because it can't find the device.

It just says:
Configuration Problem : No iOS device found, check your target settings.

in the compiler output. Even if I check "suppress build" in settings
Have you added your device inside the IDE?

Check the "Set Up GameMaker Studio 2's Devices" section of the guide:
https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001368747-Setting-Up-For-iOS

andev

That's the problem, I can't. When I click "Detect" I get the error message in the title of this post :(

W

Woochi

Try a different connection method, if there is such thing (not very familiar with apple/iphones). That is, "charging", "file transfer", etc., usually selectable from your phone once connected to pc. One of those may work, while the other does not permit detection in some cases

andev

I can sync the phone with itunes, xcode can see it and submit blank apps to it, I don't think this is the problem :/

rIKmAN

I sent a support ticket about this 15 days ago and there's still nothing
I recently got one back 3mths after I submitted it, and it was just asking me to test it again and resubmit if it was still an issue (it was).

Bottom line, don't hold your breath waiting for a reply as the turnaround on tickets is abysmal.