Released Out NOW on Steam! StoneTide: Age of Pirates - Sandbox, Open World, Pirate Action Experience

YawningDad

Ahoy from a fellow high-seas game maker! This is looking fantastic. I really like the crafting system you've designed; it looks easy to use and understand, but flexible. Well done!

S

StoneTide

Ahoy from a fellow high-seas game maker! This is looking fantastic. I really like the crafting system you've designed; it looks easy to use and understand, but flexible. Well done!
Ahoy :D Thanks a lot!

I

Itachi

This has so much potential! honestly if this game ever gets completed i don't think ill be able to put it down! especially if it were to make it onto the switch!
Online PVP and PVE as well as a single player mode with quests and lore...
Things that would attract me to a game like this:
- Character customisation such as armour weapons outfits etc (Which looks like you've already done)
- Skill progression such as mining, wood cutting, strength, defence and all sorts of other skills like crafting to make better sails etc.
- a vast 2d world to explore with towns cities and wilderness to explore
- Places to go and sell loot / plunder like a market place
- up gradable ships
- ability to form alliances with other players online in order to do high level pvp
- dungeons to explore inland and gather rare items
- large scale boss fights for high end loot
- the ability to bank loot so if you die the only stuff the enemy (Other players) can steal is what you carry on you at that time
- single player quests and storyline

probably jumping the gun a bit and getting carried away but that seems like the perfect game for me. id pay good money for it haha.

S

StoneTide

This has so much potential! honestly if this game ever gets completed i don't think ill be able to put it down! especially if it were to make it onto the switch!
Online PVP and PVE as well as a single player mode with quests and lore...
Things that would attract me to a game like this:
- Character customisation such as armour weapons outfits etc (Which looks like you've already done)
- Skill progression such as mining, wood cutting, strength, defence and all sorts of other skills like crafting to make better sails etc.
- a vast 2d world to explore with towns cities and wilderness to explore
- Places to go and sell loot / plunder like a market place
- up gradable ships
- ability to form alliances with other players online in order to do high level pvp
- dungeons to explore inland and gather rare items
- large scale boss fights for high end loot
- the ability to bank loot so if you die the only stuff the enemy (Other players) can steal is what you carry on you at that time
- single player quests and storyline

probably jumping the gun a bit and getting carried away but that seems like the perfect game for me. id pay good money for it haha.
Thanks! Most of those listed are definitely what we are thinking about in the future, it may take some time though. Right now we are working on a playable version so we can have the community give us feedback and
see some more bugs to fix, then we will work on adding extra big features! :D

I

Itachi

yeah i totally understand, keep doing what your doing and it will be great. ill look forward to something playable!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
The game looks pretty neat! But, can I request that you don't just post twitter links for images? Please post the image itself (and the twitter link too if you want)...

S

StoneTide

The game looks pretty neat! But, can I request that you don't just post twitter links for images? Please post the image itself (and the twitter link too if you want)...
Thanks and will do!

S

StoneTide

Ahoy StoneTiders!

Devlogs & Updates will now be posted on social media as we work on a new site, discord will act as a forum replacement.

We are still working on the map and adding additional sprites, getting closer and closer to finishing.

S

StoneTide

The map and sprites will look land lover good when we're done ;) #badjokeday

S

StoneTide

Just some pirate art while we still work on the sprites...

S

StoneTide

Reworking the GHOST ISLANDS! Arrr...

S

Stevi60

Dang! I've been following your project since its startup! Very promising game and gorgeous sprites fam!!
The thing I could talk about is the fighting. Some people are very inclined on that feature and the footage I've seen is not that much satisfying.
Great job so far though!!

S

StoneTide

Working on those sprites again..

Dang! I've been following your project since its startup! Very promising game and gorgeous sprites fam!!
The thing I could talk about is the fighting. Some people are very inclined on that feature and the footage I've seen is not that much satisfying.
Great job so far though!!
Thanks for the feedback and we will have much more to show soon ;)