• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 HTML5 Broken

T

Tom Edwards

So I recently bought HTML5 and boy am I disappointed. After following all the steps I could when I launch my website with the game it freezes up and stops at the first room.
Website link:tomedwardsdevelopment.com

So I recently bought HTML5 and boy am I disappointed. After following all the steps I could when I launch my website with the game it freezes up and stops at the first room.
Website link:tomedwardsdevelopment.com
We need more information to try and help you. You can't just say it stays in the room and expect us to figure out why. I click your button and nothing happens, the window is still scrollable which means the game is not hanging/crashing. Did you try and create a blank project, create a button with a simple button press and a room_goto() function? Did it work? If yes, it's a problem with your code, if no, then give us some more details so we can help debug your issue.

Did you even bother to debug your project in HTML5? Usually when this happens, it's a problem with YOUR code. HTML5 has limitations, you need to stick to them, it doesn't cater for just anything like the native platforms. Take a read through this, it details the differences and issues you would run into using the HTML5 module and what precautions to take.

T

Tom Edwards

We need more information to try and help you. You can't just say it stays in the room and expect us to figure out why. I click your button and nothing happens, the window is still scrollable which means the game is not hanging/crashing. Did you try and create a blank project, create a button with a simple button press and a room_goto() function? Did it work? If yes, it's a problem with your code, if no, then give us some more details so we can help debug your issue.

Did you even bother to debug your project in HTML5? Usually when this happens, it's a problem with YOUR code. HTML5 has limitations, you need to stick to them, it doesn't cater for just anything like the native platforms. Take a read through this, it details the differences and issues you would run into using the HTML5 module and what precautions to take.
I am going to have a further look into tomorrow, I tried exporting a game to html that had an object where when 'W' was pressed the objects Y increased by 1 and that didnt work

I am going to have a further look into tomorrow, I tried exporting a game to html that had an object where when 'W' was pressed the objects Y increased by 1 and that didnt work
Unfortunately, you're going to have to be more specific. Posting a code snippet of where and what isn't working, will help us help you, as it doesn't seem like you're explaining your problem thoroughly.

Coded Games

If something in HTML5 isn't working the first thing you should always do is "inspect element" and see if there are any errors, which there is. It looks like your game is having problems loading particles.

The second thing you should do is add something animated to every room. This will make it so that you can tell if the game is frozen or if it's not registering click input (which can be caused by a few things).

T

Tom Edwards

After debugging i found that all mouse events are broken