• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion do you guys know what this means? (girl advice)

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
monday in class i was staring into space & the girl i liked was walking by & looking at me while i was staring into space. then later i was staring at the wall & when i looked over i see her looking at me & smiling while she had her hands on her head. then the next day in class i heard her saying "i don't know why he looks at me"?

M

Misu

Eventually she'l might think you're a creep if you dont walk up to her and confess your feelings sooner.

Gamebot

Ask how shes doing everyday. A simple "How are you doing today?" Will do. If she speaks look at her, not the wall, and actually listen to what she has to say. Respond to her sincerly.

You could invite her out with a group of friends. This way you can get to know each other better without having to feel the pressure of only one on one. However, if this occurs make sure she gets attention too.

L

Lonewolff

Here it is... The half-yearly "how do I get a girlfriend?" thread.

Rob

If you wanna get a girlfriend, you gotta risk rejection - just like showing a game/story/piece of music that you made to somebody else.

I don't think anybody can tell you "what that means" in your OP because it could mean a lot of things, but if there's a girl you like then you should talk to her, find out what she likes and if you like to do it too then do that (no, you dirty old men, I don't mean THAT).

Y

Yotzer

seriously?
it probably means that you were looking at the space and later at the wall and you always daydream and you are weird.
maybe she likes weird.
I can tell you that girls like self esteem ,and if you are asking so you probably need to work on that.
from my own experience I can tell you that it is easy and do not worry.
I am an idiot and had a lot of girls in my youth simply because I was not aware of my own stupidity and was always talking about my self as if I was the best and the smartest.
who cares what it means? just convince your self you are a bargain and ask her out as if you are making her a favor .
by now the chances are 100 % you will get a "no" answer but only asking raises the chances of a "yes" to a 50 %.
if you add to it the fact that you probably have two arms and two legs + the fact that you can talk + she is not a total stranger,
you now have a bigger chance than 50% .
just go for it!

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
so today i have tried technique since it's monday & weekend is over i notice after class her shoelace were not tied while she was holding her phone & pen & i went up to her and tied her shoelaces and she said the f word combined with what the but also thanks after smiling & i said "yes sir" instead of "with pleaseure my lady" so i just continue staring at the wall cus i was to scared to ask her out after misgendering her. she walked away sadly.

S

signal

I'm going to be 100% frank with you. You're worshiping a girl you don't even know. This is your first mistake. You're not treating her as your equal. She is not worthy of worship. She is a human, and has faults just like the rest of us.

Your attraction to her seems to be purely physical or based on her interactions with others that you've observed.

Yes, you can use techniques to manipulate her into liking you if that's your cup of tea. But ultimately, putting on a persona is going to become more and more difficult if it's not authentic. And as the novelty of the techniques wear off, you'll be forced to show your true self.

------------------------

Here's what I would do: Stop chasing her. Work on becoming the best version of yourself that you can be, so that you like yourself. And eliminate any neediness! You have to be okay as you are. If/when a girl (notice I didn't say the specific girl you are obsessed with) does show interest, you won't feel the need to impress her because you are fine whether or not you have her in your life. Do you see what I'm getting at? You're so impressed by this girl, that when an opportunity to talk to her does come up, you are making it into a bigger deal than it is.

Why was she looking at you while you were staring off into space? Because you were paying her no mind. She was not the focus of your world. You were engrossed by your own thoughts. You appeared to have your own life. There was an air of mystery about you.

Roa

I'm going to be 100% frank with you. You're worshiping a girl you don't even know. This is your first mistake. You're not treating her as your equal. She is not worthy of worship. She is a human, and has faults just like the rest of us.

Your attraction to her seems to be purely physical or based on her interactions with others that you've observed.

Yes, you can use techniques to manipulate her into liking you if that's your cup of tea. But ultimately, putting on a persona is going to become more and more difficult if it's not authentic. And as the novelty of the techniques wear off, you'll be forced to show your true self.

------------------------

Here's what I would do: Stop chasing her. Work on becoming the best version of yourself that you can be, so that you like yourself. And eliminate any neediness! You have to be okay as you are. If/when a girl (notice I didn't say the specific girl you are obsessed with) does show interest, you won't feel the need to impress her because you are fine whether or not you have her in your life. Do you see what I'm getting at? You're so impressed by this girl, that when an opportunity to talk to her does come up, you are making it into a bigger deal than it is.

Why was she looking at you while you were staring off into space? Because you were paying her no mind. She was not the focus of your world. You were engrossed by your own thoughts. You appeared to have your own life. There was an air of mystery about you.
heh...

is this guy for real?

Rob

Honestly, I never got a gf when I looked for one. It always just happened because I met them doing something I enjoyed doing.

[EDIT] Why do my posts always hint at something else in this thread? I'm not doing it on purpose...

S

signal

Honestly, I never got a gf when I looked for one. It always just happened because I met them doing something I enjoyed doing.
Exactly, man. Girls aren't attracted to needy guys, and vice versa. People don't enjoy being around needy people. A girl might appreciate that you put her on a pedestal only because she can easily take advantage of you.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
so today i have tried technique since it's monday & weekend is over i notice after class her shoelace were not tied while she was holding her phone & pen & i went up to her and tied her shoelaces and she said the f word combined with what the but also thanks after smiling & i said "yes sir" instead of "with pleaseure my lady" so i just continue staring at the wall cus i was to scared to ask her out after misgendering her. she walked away sadly.
So... is this topic still about relationship advice or about how to prevent a girl from being harassed? o_O

Either way, allow me to share some of my experiences regarding one of the things that were addressed in the first post: Looking at people. Maybe you'll find it helpful or applicable to your situation. I've done this quite a few times and the results were quite varied according to my personal experience with it. Usually, I did it to make it seem like I'm not self-absorbed and living in my thoughts instead of reality. Sometimes, it even made it look like I'm paying attention to my surroundings if I happened to look at someone who was talking to me or addressing me as part of a group. The risk of accidentally suggesting interest in any particular person you look at is an ever-present threat, though.

When I was at a mental hospital, something like this actually happened to me. There was this guy - I think he was often trying to get my attention and just got ignored - whom I randomly looked at during breakfast, following my usual motivations behind doing so, and it prompted him to jump up from his chair and yell "I LOVE YOU BABY, BOOM BOOM BOOM!" halfway across the room while clearly addressing me based on whom he was looking at. He was told to sit down again by a caretaker. No restraining orders were filed against him despite my complaints about unsolicited conversation initiation. I'm glad we didn't share a room - I'm afraid he would have talked to me again after that. This incident has taught me to be careful when looking at people, though - you never know what to expect. They might just think you want to talk to them, or even anything more than that. How absurd...

Z

zendraw

So... is this topic still about relationship advice or about how to prevent a girl from being harassed? o_O

Either way, allow me to share some of my experiences regarding one of the things that were addressed in the first post: Looking at people. Maybe you'll find it helpful or applicable to your situation. I've done this quite a few times and the results were quite varied according to my personal experience with it. Usually, I did it to make it seem like I'm not self-absorbed and living in my thoughts instead of reality. Sometimes, it even made it look like I'm paying attention to my surroundings if I happened to look at someone who was talking to me or addressing me as part of a group. The risk of accidentally suggesting interest in any particular person you look at is an ever-present threat, though.

When I was at a mental hospital, something like this actually happened to me. There was this guy - I think he was often trying to get my attention and just got ignored - whom I randomly looked at during breakfast, following my usual motivations behind doing so, and it prompted him to jump up from his chair and yell "I LOVE YOU BABY, BOOM BOOM BOOM!" halfway across the room while clearly addressing me based on whom he was looking at. He was told to sit down again by a caretaker. No restraining orders were filed against him despite my complaints about unsolicited conversation initiation. I'm glad we didn't share a room - I'm afraid he would have talked to me again after that. This incident has taught me to be careful when looking at people, though - you never know what to expect. They might just think you want to talk to them, or even anything more than that. How absurd...
u must be pretty then, any1 wuld love u. ;)

pls dont tell noc to ban me..

Why or how or in what country would initiating a conversation unsolicited get a restraining order?

Just asking for myself here, I'd love to use it on my wife as a practical joke.
Also, aren't all initiated conversations unsolicited by definition? How does a conversation start unless one person talks first?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
u must be pretty then, any1 wuld love u. ;)
Getting hit on by a mental case that would probably settle for anyone (or anything) due to his innate tendency to scare off whoever he looks at immediately is definitely not on my list of dating achievements, the cause thereof also not being something I would attribute to any part related to myself. Sorry to disappoint.

pls dont tell noc to ban me..
I'll just ban you myself, who needs Noc? :D

Why or how or in what country would initiating a conversation unsolicited get a restraining order?

Just asking for myself here, I'd love to use it on my wife as a practical joke.
Probably Germany. Just about anything is illegal over here if you twist the laws just right. (Just about anything is legal if you twist them the other way, too.)
That aside, a quick Google search led me to this: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/18/mall_talk/

So... while you won't get a restraining order, it might get you arrested in a certain mall in...

... California. No further questions.

Also, aren't all initiated conversations unsolicited by definition? How does a conversation start unless one person talks first?
In the style of the German Bureaucratic Republic, you'd probably have to fill out an application form first (then wait four weeks for a rejection, lodge an objection, wait four more weeks, take it to court, and if you pay your lawyer more than they pay theirs, you will win and can talk to the person).

One might argue that this is also a form of conversation, but unlike verbal conversation, it is possible to dismiss written conversation by not opening letters you receive and thus not partake in conversation by reading - unlike verbal conversation, which is impossible to not hear, provided that the unsolicited conversational partner's unsolicited conversation starting utterance is audible under the circumstances you and your unsolicited conversation starting utterance-emitting unsolicited conversational partner are in.

Unlike talking to someone, delivering a letter to a mailbox is also a rather passive way of initiating conversation, entirely leaving the decision up to the recipient - if they are not interested in conversation, they are not obliged to even check their mailbox, let alone take the letter out, or even open it, or *gasp* read it.

@Cantavanda If talking to the person you wish to talk to is not a feasible option for you, maybe you could write them a letter. The benefits of doing so are widespread, including but not limited to your ability to think about what to write and, if necessary, change what you wrote or start over without your conversational partner having read what you had written before, as well as their ability to ignore the conversation attempt by not reading the letter, as illustrated above.

Be careful not to end up stalking them to find out their address, though. Also don't put the letter into their bag when they're not looking, this might make you look like a thief or creep or both.

Giving the letter to them directly also seems risky, as it can be seen as direct conversation initiation and thus bears all the risks of it, as well as the risk of the recipient starting to read the letter while you're still there, which in turn has a plethora of other associated risks.

Z

zendraw

Getting hit on by a mental case that would probably settle for anyone (or anything) due to his innate tendency to scare off whoever he looks at immediately is definitely not on my list of dating achievements, the cause thereof also not being something I would attribute to any part related to myself. Sorry to disappoint.

I'll just ban you myself, who needs Noc? :D

Probably Germany. Just about anything is illegal over here if you twist the laws just right. (Just about anything is legal if you twist them the other way, too.)
That aside, a quick Google search led me to this: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/18/mall_talk/

So... while you won't get a restraining order, it might get you arrested in a certain mall in...

... California. No further questions.

In the style of the German Bureaucratic Republic, you'd probably have to fill out an application form first (then wait four weeks for a rejection, lodge an objection, wait four more weeks, take it to court, and if you pay your lawyer more than they pay theirs, you will win and can talk to the person).

One might argue that this is also a form of conversation, but unlike verbal conversation, it is possible to dismiss written conversation by not opening letters you receive and thus not partake in conversation by reading - unlike verbal conversation, which is impossible to not hear, provided that the unsolicited conversational partner's unsolicited conversation starting utterance is audible under the circumstances you and your unsolicited conversation starting utterance-emitting unsolicited conversational partner are in.

Unlike talking to someone, delivering a letter to a mailbox is also a rather passive way of initiating conversation, entirely leaving the decision up to the recipient - if they are not interested in conversation, they are not obliged to even check their mailbox, let alone take the letter out, or even open it, or *gasp* read it.

@Cantavanda If talking to the person you wish to talk to is not a feasible option for you, maybe you could write them a letter. The benefits of doing so are widespread, including but not limited to your ability to think about what to write and, if necessary, change what you wrote or start over without your conversational partner having read what you had written before, as well as their ability to ignore the conversation attempt by not reading the letter, as illustrated above.

Be careful not to end up stalking them to find out their address, though. Also don't put the letter into their bag when they're not looking, this might make you look like a thief or creep or both.

Giving the letter to them directly also seems risky, as it can be seen as direct conversation initiation and thus bears all the risks of it, as well as the risk of the recipient starting to read the letter while you're still there, which in turn has a plethora of other associated risks.
lets love each other, lov makes the world spin :D
havin a lover in the mods gives me +1 power points in the GMC and i can ban noc instead :) hehe

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Do I have to remind everyone what happened to @Forester? :p He could have made good use of the advice provided in this topic so far.

One more to add to the pile: @Cantavanda, do not propose to her the instant you manage to initiate a conversation.

Speaking of 'girl advice', she just told you in very careful terms to FO.
I didn't. Yet. The "mental case" was referring to the dude from the previous story. :p
Thanks for the idea, though. I will phrase my next few upcoming rejections that way.

S

Smarty

I didn't. Yet. The "mental case" was referring to the dude from the previous story. :p
Thanks for the idea, though. I will phrase my next few upcoming rejections that way.
Oh I see. It was in reply to @blacklemon so I thought it was a reaction to his relentless one-directional courting attempts.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
ur takin this the wrong way baby.
I don't care which way you want me to take it. I never will, either way.
Also, you forgot "BOOM BOOM BOOM".

Oh I see. It was in reply to @blacklemon so I thought it was a reaction to his relentless one-directional courting attempts.
Rejecting people immediately seems to have this annoying side effect of making them think I'm "playing hard to get" or something silly like that. It's like they don't even consider the possibility that I might just flat out not be interested in them, never was and never will be. I personally find it both funnier and more effective to remain passive and drag it out for a while, making them think they have a chance, only to end up giving them the brush-off with style a while later after all. The results tend to be hilarious and permanently destroy their hopes of having a chance with me.

Last edited:
N

Nathanmg

This thread is transcending.
This :D

Also this, in the case of my fiancee, a mutual friend brought her round to play games with us (my house, at that time, was something of a social hub - Mario Kart, smoking, watching football etc).

Z

zendraw

I don't care which way you want me to take it. I never will, either way.
Also, you forgot "BOOM BOOM BOOM".

Rejecting people immediately seems to have this annoying side effect of making them think I'm "playing hard to get" or something silly like that. It's like they don't even consider the possibility that I might just flat out not be interested in them, never was and never will be. I personally find it both funnier and more effective to remain passive and drag it out for a while, making them think they have a chance, only to end up giving them the brush-off with style a while later after all. The results tend to be hilarious and permanently destroy their hopes of having a chance with me.
i simply want to use you, in return i will keep you company when your lonely :) fair deal.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
ok guys so i found the letter advice to be good advice.... but what should i write in the letter?? i will already say sorry for misgendering and maybe buy extra shoelaces to add as appendix, she will find it very sweet i think. i dont know if i want to go eating with her that seems scary maybe just sit next in class and do assignments together so i can teatsh her my knowledge about maths and so i can analyse her facial structure up close.

Z

zendraw

u shuld make a voodoo doll of hur and give it to hur. girls like dolls. or a vodo doll of you?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
ok guys so i found the letter advice to be good advice.... but what should i write in the letter??
Anything you feel like writing except for "I LOVE YOU BABY, BOOM BOOM BOOM".

i will already say sorry for misgendering
Saying sorry is a good start - maybe not specifically for misgendering her, but for your behavior during the past few days in general. If you say that you're sorry about one particular thing, keep in mind that she may interpret it to mean that you are not sorry for everything else you've done that she found unpleasant. This is a situation you absolutely don't want to end in, as it will just make you seem more uncouth than you already are.

Instead, by apologizing in broad terms, it gives you an opportunity to apologize more in-depth if she decides to talk to you about it - bonus points if she actually asks you what you're sorry about. I've made asking for reasons part of my standard reactions to apologies - it filters out people who just say sorry to try to get on my good side and leaves only those who actually show regret, know what they did wrong and want to make amends. Think of it as an "ice breaker" sort of thing, but be prepared to answer any questions that may come up in a way that shows her that you really mean it.

and maybe buy extra shoelaces to add as appendix, she will find it very sweet i think.
I'd drop the shoelace thing. It's not like you stole hers, right? Besides, without stalking her (or her shoelaces, which I doubt you will encounter without her, unless you are being a creep and breaking into her home where she takes them off) further, it might be very hard to find shoelaces that will fit just right. Girls tend to be very finicky about length and width of such things, as they might not fit in the holes correctly or tightly enough otherwise, which would turn a well-meant gift into nothing but a ticking trip trap of potentially-unwinding too-short-or-long too-wide-or-slim shoelaces. She knows the holes best, so let her take care of them on her own.

i dont know if i want to go eating with her that seems scary
In terms of activities involving you and another girl, eating is best left to a time where you and her have grown close enough so that both parties don't mind the other one being around, especially regarding the "out" variant of said activity.

maybe just sit next in class and do assignments together so i can teatsh her my knowledge about maths
While a part of this may be in good will, keep in mind that you may come off as pretentious if you do this too much or at the wrong time. I suggest holding back with this for the most part and offering help in moments where she may appreciate it, for example if she mentions that she's stuck on an assignment. This, of course, requires her to be willing to talk to you and sit next to you in the first place, so this is more like something to keep in mind for the (distant?) future.

and so i can analyse her facial structure up close.
I can only speak out of experience here, but I personally don't like being analyzed, or anything that starts with the same letters. The same goes for another word in this sentence. Don't do this without her permission, don't ask her for permission because it's definitely creepy no matter the circumstances... therefore, don't do this.