Which of these is the best GMS logo?

O

OrangeBit

I customized my desktop icon for my GM Studio shortcut last year.
It was time for an update so I made one more colorful.
It turned out awesome but I can't choose which one is best, help me out.
GMSicon.png
'Image 3' was the first one I made and I was gonna go with that but idk, image 2 looks good and I think that's the one i'm gonna turn into an icon.​

O

OrangeBit

I just realized this should be posted on off topic but no clue how to change it. Noob mode activated!

rIKmAN

Personally I wouldn't use any of them, way too colourful for my tastes.

If I had to choose a favourite though, it'd be #4 - but that's maybe because it's duller and hurts my eyes the least.

rIKmAN

That's really only if you choose to use it in your game and promotional materials. If you're modifying it for your task bar, Mike isn't going to come charging into your house, at least while sober.
I heard he just saw this thread and immediately booked a flight back from GDC to sort out this violation!

Nothing to do with the trademark, he just doesn't like rainbows! :D

O

OrangeBit

Also I feel like you can't change the logo at all for trademark reasons?
It will be the button I click to open Game Maker, that's no sort of infringement at all. Might be iffy to use this in my game as an indication that it's made with Game Maker but that's not what I'm using it for anyway.

They look blurry and logos should have less color. Like 2 colors max. As for the best one? 1 or 4. The other 2 seem too busy.
It feels like you might be a youngin'. Those are the boring logo rules of the last ten years. Logos used to be allowed to have color and not just be flat boring outlines.

The good old days. ):

I like these 💩💩💩💩ing crazy rainbow logos. Looking pretty 90s/80s, lol.

O

OrangeBit

It feels like you might be a youngin'. Those are the boring logo rules of the last ten years. Logos used to be allowed to have color and not just be flat boring outlines.

The good old days. ):

I like these ****ing crazy rainbow logos. Looking pretty 90s/80s, lol.
That's what I'm going for, the arcade era look. I appreciate Sitebender's take though. I can see it being more professional to limit the colors and I came up with a solution. Scrapped all 4 and went overboard and replaced all my icons. I didn't limit the colors but I made them less irritable to the eye.
deskw22.png

The good old days. ):

I like these ****ing crazy rainbow logos. Looking pretty 90s/80s, lol.
Chances are I'm one of the older generation on this forum. The simple 2 - 3 tone logos have been used for decades. I think it might go to the fact that its more cost effective to have minimal colors printed. Plus a simpler logo doesn't fight against a complex marketing image.

Chances are I'm one of the older generation on this forum.
That's...vague enough to mean anything, while still firm sounding enough to make it sound like "nah man, I was totally around for the 80s and 90s," hahah! I'm gonna say you're.... (computes) ....22! Am I close? =D
I think it might go to the fact that its more cost effective to have minimal colors printed. Plus a simpler logo doesn't fight against a complex marketing image.
Yeah, I think ease and cost of printing probably has a lot to do with it. Bland logos do have the benefit of saying absolutely nothing, like you say, too, hahah.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Or it could be that his eyes are rolled back because he is possessed by the ghost of Mark Overmars' ownership of the program.