• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Released Toast Factory! Now available for iOS and Android!

F

FormalCloud

Hello, fellow Makers!
You may have seen this game in the WIP forum as an HTML5 game which helped me pave the way to this release on Android! So for that, many thanks folks!

Toast Factory! is a fast paced arcade game where you toast, butter, and slice up bread in an attempt to alleviate your boredom in the bathroom or while standing in line at the store! Yay constant stimulation!

Below you'll find the details of the game and some media! I hope you enjoy, and as always if you have any comments, questions, or if the game explodes and burns down your house - please contact your local Fire Dept first and then give me a jingle here on the forums or on my Twitter!

http://www.PlayToastFactory.com

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/toast-factory/id1356421816
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.play.toastfactory&hl=en

Gameplay Trailer:

FAQ:
1) Does it have annoying ads? It has ads but you never see them unless you opt-in. Never forced. And you get a free costume for each one watched!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Curial Lloses

This seems catchy, you have my download and I'll give it a try as soon as I get out of work :p

F

FadedSketch

Oh my gosh this looks like such a cute game! ^^ I don't have an Android device, but sent a link to my sister who does.
Awesome work! ;D

Also lol, I loved the trailer for it. XD

F

FormalCloud

Oh my gosh this looks like such a cute game! ^^ I don't have an Android device, but sent a link to my sister who does.
Awesome work! ;D

Also lol, I loved the trailer for it. XD
Thank you for the feedback and the share! Fortunately there is an iOS version in development, yay! I hope to have it out very soon. :)

F

FormalCloud

Update 1.0.3 is out! w/ an Easter Event for Sunday April 15th!

- [SOCIAL] New Global Leaderboards added. High Scores are auto-submitted anonymously.
- [UI] New Game News Ticker added.
- [UI] Graphical changes to UI.
- [GAME] Added Holiday content.
- [GAME] Max speed is now slightly lower.
- [GAME] Speed-up after losing starts slightly faster now.
- [GAME] Added new costume.
- [GAME] Added Love.

Also, there is currently an iOS/iPhone release being developed! Woo! Happy Easter!

Free on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.play.toastfactory

F

FormalCloud

Yeah, loved the slow mo toast vid lol, great personality! Game looks simple and fun, looks polished, great work!
Thank you very much! If you're on an iPhone there is a release date announcement for that coming soon! :)

S

SVG

Okay I finally played it, dude it's fun lol. I have a good suggestion as a player myself would like to see, because it gets faster maybe allow the player to be able to swipe up across multiple plain breads at once, or even swipe from left to right / right to left across both conveyor belts, hitting 2 breads at with one swipe, this will be a more advanced move yes but will allow someone to go further because is takes slightly less time :)

I can see how it can mess up if you're not careful with finger placement code, you don't want someone to accidentally hit a different bread with a swipe.

I can tell that it doesn't register the swipe until after you let your finger go, probably detects collision with first bread hit, and ignores the rest, and you have a variable / global with that first ID hit, instead have an array containing all breads hit, with requirements of course to ignore accidental touches with another bread. Dude this game is fun LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rikerag

Great trailer and good game.
The game show me an strange border(at the right) in my phone.(Android 5.0.1 / 800x480)

Screenshot:

Screenshot_2017-06-01-16-29-54.png

F

FormalCloud

Nice! my niece would love to have it :)
I hope she is able to play and enjoy it! There is also a special Easter event starting March 19th-April 2nd where you get extra costume points for finding eggs - and a free Easter bunny toast costume!

F

FormalCloud

Thank you! Hopefully it's something people can pick up and put back down without feeling committed to an hour of play - and yet still feel a bit accomplished when they are done. ;)