• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Graphics Animated Water

M

MadZenno

Hi all,

I am working on a RPG, and would like to have some simple animated water for the ocean, since my game will have multiple island(with beaches)...

Since any tileset I find (including on open game art) don't work properly straight off the bat in GMS2.

I have not be able to find a good solution for this either via code or animated tile sets.

Thanks again

G

Guest User

How though is what I am asking.

the tutorials I have looked at are complex?
when you make a new tileset in GMS2, in the Workspace the Tileset Widget (the thing that displays all your Tileset's information) will have a button called "Tile Animations", when you click that it'll open the Tile Animation Editor where you can make new animations. to do so, just choose how many frames the animation is and select the tiles from your tileset image in the correct order, and don't forget to set the speed. you'll be able to preview the animations in the Room Editor and in the Tile Animation editor.

realize that because of this, each individual tile of your water animation needs to be on the tileset image. but otherwise it's all handled for you, you just need to actually make the animation and tell it which tiles to cycle through.

R

RendCycle

Can animated tiles be made dynamic? I mean can selected animated tiles on the screen be affected by another code like a weather system so that the animation of those tiles changes to a different one when let's say a storm is over it while the player is playing the game?