GMC Jam Discussion The Post-Apocalyptic GMC Jam #1 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Otyugra

Copying and pasting each letter by hand is SO TEDIOUS! ...But at least the final product looks authentic.

The M

Gun turrets! They mow down enemies faster that they spawn, might need to adjust some balancing on it. Or just spawn more zombies! :p

M

MikeDark_x

I really like how those walls look. Strangely satisfying.
well thanks, I'm surprised they turned out nice enough, well if it wasn't that they are smaller than the sprites they were drawn for xD

Gun turrets! They mow down enemies faster that they spawn, might need to adjust some balancing on it. Or just spawn more zombies! :p
Firerate maybe? increasing their price also seems to fit, also adding zombies that are extremely resistant just for that mode to act as meat shields for the other zombies

The M

Firerate maybe? increasing their price also seems to fit, also adding zombies that are extremely resistant just for that mode to act as meat shields for the other zombies
I might tone down the fire rate a little or reduce the damage so that they don't kill zombies in a single hit. I've also got ideas like ammo that you need to refill manually or that they can only target enemies in bright light. Big enemies are coming too. ^^

Zodaris

Exciting update, I have most of the base functionality done! Everything can now burn and die! Only one more main mechanic to go, then things like finishing some animations, adding a UI, some story elements, sound... wow I actually have a lot left to do.

Screenshot:
screen_0.png

R

RustyShadow

Just curious, what music have you all been listening to? Since I found out about the LMMS music creation program I have been jamming out to the best tracks created in LMMS:
https://lmms.io/showcase/

What are you guys listening to?

O

Otyugra

I'm listening to soft and somber music to match the atmosphere I want for my game. Right now I'm listening to Super Smash Bro.s Brawl's cover of the song "Snowman" from the Mother series.

M

MikeDark_x

I am alternating every half day between "Yeah, I have enough time" and "OH GOD I'LL NEVER FINISH"
I have been like that for a day already, well I'm liking the current idea and I believe I'll be able to pull it so I'm no longer like that so... well I hope it gets better for you

Just curious, what music have you all been listening to? Since I found out about the LMMS music creation program I have been jamming out to the best tracks created in LMMS:
https://lmms.io/showcase/

What are you guys listening to?
I haven't even looked for the songs I'm going to use in the game.... I need to find some dark music that fits the atmosphere...

G

GVmG

I wasn't able to work on my game today, so I don't think I'll have a lot to submit.

I started the morning at midday by finishing a sad anime that had been waiting for way too much time. After that, I was supposed to get to work, but today is weeb day. Basically once a week me and a friend exchange info about various Japanese stuff. I teach her to play the rhythm game osu!, and she teachs me stuff about anime, or japan, or other similar weeb things (hence the name weeb day).

So that also wasted a few hours of my possible work. After that, I obviously had much less time left, and I didn't feel like doing anything nor did I have any idea on what to do, so I just kept playing osu!, and that's when I joined a multiplayer lobby with some other Italian guys from a Facebook group I'm in.

That ended a few minutes ago, around 11pm. So no, I didn't do anything today.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RustyShadow

iHeartRadio, all 80's music. :)
Nice! 80s is good for a while, but I can't listen to it for too long, haha.

My music playlist: Anime songs, Undertale music and some Linkin Park songs.
I might have to pull up a sword art online song here soon, and the "What I've Done" song from Linkin Park that I haven't listened to in a while.

I'm listening to soft and somber music to match the atmosphere I want for my game. Right now I'm listening to Super Smash Bro.s Brawl's cover of the song "Snowman" from the Mother series.
Nice smashbrows song!

I have been like that for a day already, well I'm liking the current idea and I believe I'll be able to pull it so I'm no longer like that so... well I hope it gets better for you

I haven't even looked for the songs I'm going to use in the game.... I need to find some dark music that fits the atmosphere...
I need to find my music as well........... I hope I can get everything done in time!

Jett

Digital Artist
I wasn't able to work on my game today, so I don't think I'll have a lot to submit.

I started the morning at midday by finishing a sad anime that had been waiting for way too much time. After that, I was supposed to get to work, but today is weeb day. Basically once a week me and a friend exchange info about various Japanese stuff. I teach her to play the rhythm game osu!, and she teachs me stuff about anime, or japan, or other similar weeb things (hence the name weeb day).

So that also wasted a few hours of my possible work. After that, I obviously had much less time left, and I didn't feel like doing anything nor did I have any idea on what to do, so I just kept playing osu!, and that's when I joined a multiplayer lobby with some other Italian guys from a Facebook group I'm in.

That ended a few minutes ago, around 11pm. So no, I didn't do anything today.
That's stage 4 procrastinator. I'm sorry.

M

Miner7365

I'm in "It's Crunch Time" mode right now

EDIT: i almost have my sprites done, i just need to make a few more then i can just focus on mechanics.... yes, my games mechanics aren't done, feel free to shoot me.

M

Misty

Haven't figured out what game I am going to do yet.

At first I had 20 ideas, but now I narrowed it down to 2.

The two options are -

A goofy, violent FPS - more structured
A goofy, non-violent escape from Dante's Peak kind of game. - less structured and random

What kind of game would you like me to compete against you with, sires and ladies?

T

Tselmek

Although I'm giving my all whenever I have some free time, I think I will have to work until the very end of the jam. My internet connection being very random, I was wondering: how much time after the countdown is over is it safe to upload an entry without any penalty?

D

Dark

Done with the gun mechanics for now, time to eat then make a new object for enemies, make some kind of new animation asset type (no idea how i should go about doing that yet...), and come up with a pathfinding AI. This might take a while.

Edit: also, I should probably make the player taller or something, they seem pretty small .-.

Status
Not open for further replies.