Free Tappy Trove (mini-game)

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
Tappy Trove

We're working on some big things over at Chequered Ink, but we don't like to go too long without a release, so we made a quick & simple mini-game to keep our GameMaker skills fresh. Enjoy!

Sort the orbs into your treasure chests and grab as many as you can without making too many mistakes!

Three strikes – or a long hesitation – and the orbs will stop flowing. Can you keep your combo going longer than your friends?

Free on Android, Windows Phone, Windows PC & HTML5
and coming soon to iOS.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Not bad. Sometimes I'm up for some mindless tapping. And this mini-game provides that.

I played the HTML5 version. It's easy to understand with simple controls. And the difficulty level seems about right. After a few plays, I was able to get up to nearly 100 points. (OK... 85 points). But I haven't figured out whether the descending color sequence (on the vertical stack of balls) is helpful, or a hindrance. I seem to do better just watching the arrow and ignoring the rest.

The graphics are OK... but rather... eh... brown. Too much brown. The shading on the balls gives them a slight advantage over just flat graphics. But not much. I'd prefer to see some 3D-looking flashiness here. With lively colors and interesting backgrounds.

For example, you could have two pirate chests on a bright and sunny beach, with palm trees and surf in the background. Or you could have two piles of coins (gold and silver), with Aladdin's cave scene in the background.

Just a thought, if you decide to embellish this. But it's fun either way.

jazzzar

It's chequered ink, why no download? (Well only 1) but really? This makes me scared to publish my game

jazzzar

I'm not sure what you mean... what makes you scared to publish your game?

The download links for all platforms are in the original post:
I mean, the number of downloads for your game, what i'm afraid of is just going unnoticed like everyone, getting no downloads at all :(

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
I mean, the number of downloads for your game, what i'm afraid of is just going unnoticed like everyone, getting no downloads at all :(
There's no need to be afraid of that! We have another game with over 20,000 downloads. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You'll never know if a game will be popular or not until you release it, so it's best to let it out and see what happens :)