Portfolio - General Searching for an interesting project

OverLogic

About me
Hello,my name is nick.
I am using gamemaker for over 9 years and i've been coding in it for about 7.
Programming is my main thing but i can do some art which is not my strong point to be honest,Sorry for not having much content to show on art that's all i've got but in programming a lot of stuff are not in this hard drive which i don't have anymore.

Skills

-Grid Systems
-Inventory Systems
-Dynamic Dialogue Systems
-UI Systems
-Perfect Platformer Collision/Movement
-Perfect Top-Down Collision/Movement
-Tower Defense Games
-Survival Games
-Shooter Games
-Puzzle Games
-Action Games
-RTS Games
-Farming Games
-RPG Games (Leveling up systems, skill tree systems, boss battles)
-Player/AI effects (Poison, freeze, knockback e.t.c.)
-Bosses AI
-Healthbars/Manabars
-Screen Effects (fade-in/out, blur shader, bloom shader, lighting effects, e.t.c.)
-Camera Effects (Screen Shake, dynamic camera systems, zoom-in/out e.t.c.)
-Sound Managment (Volumes, fade-in/out, on point sounds)
-Any Sprite Control System (literally)
-Amazing Menus
-Level Design
-Multiplayer
-AI

Samples

Programming
Unnamed Project with 2.5 lines of code so far

Blob Project made for a game jam in 10 hours

Art

Programs

Programming:
Gamemaker Studio 1.4 / 2
Art:
Piskelapp.com

Contact

Discord: Definitely Not GRArthas#7389
if you can't find me for some reason on discord give me your discord name bellow or skype
Email: [email protected]

A

Aaron Kendrick

Message Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fwolf12

final bump on this one
Wait!
I'm looking for someone to work with on a project I just started called project scp.
It's a management type game with the art style being more 2d xcom'y than anything.
here is the original idea I have for the project:
I am making a game that is management based and will include aspects of the foundation operations including:
-containment
-Securing
-Protecting
-Procurement
-Etc.

You will take the role of a site director (unsure which site I wanna use, feel free to leave your suggestions in the replies down below.) and will be responsible for managing for everyday operation aspects, including building new containment cells for new scps that arrive to the facility, and maintaining current containment cells.

Containment cells/areas will have different types of requirements to be considered a area/cell for containment. Containment cells will also have the classification requirement based upon the object class it will be either put into the cell or the cell will be considered "non-containable" in which you will have to fix the issues as they are presented in order to make the cell to be considered "contained".

You will have to manage various resources such as:
-Power
-Water
-Waste
-Personnel
Etc.

SCP's will be randomly generated coming into the facility and they will be classified and moved to the appropriate containment cell/areas. Notable SCP's that will be featured are:
SCP-173
SCP-106
SCP-040
SCP-2662
Etc.

now the SCP's I refer to in this are known as Special Containment Procedures that are designed around different types of object classifications such as safe.
the full containment classification is as follows:
Safe
Euclid
Keter

Each object classification is based on different things like: level of sentience, danger to humanity, etc.
The primary focus of this game is gonna be management of containment for these objects but also personnel that are a part of a fictional organization known as the SCP Foundation which is a fictional organization that is clandestine worldwide but is trusted by every major world government power on earth. They are tasked with securing objects that are a threat to humanity at large they operate on three basic principles:
Secure
Contain
Protect

Thus the designation SCP, each object brought into foundation custody is subsequently identified based on its anomalous properties and then categorized and brought to a secure site wherein it is placed in a containment cell and containment procedures are written up by researchers who use d-class personnel (inmates that are death row or violent crime and acquire them through plausibly deniable means.) Foundation agents are out in the field undercover and embedded in most major law enforcement agencies. They are able to find entities that do not fit within the norm and then are able to bring them into foundation custody to be contained and studied.

not only do they contain anomalies but they also protect them from humans and humans from them.

The way the management is gonna work is that personnel are gonna have the basic requirements a human would need like:
food
water
sleep
bowels
cleanliness
etc.

the player will be responsible for maintaining not only the health and well-being of the personnel but also the facility at large and certain things will come into play such as:
power management
water management
upkeep and maintenance of both containment cells and personnel areas as well as the facility overall.

based on certain object classes, the entities will try and break containment and if the entity kills at least 65% of all personnel currently on site. The player will be able to help slow down a containment breach by closing off areas that have been breached. If more than 65% of personnel are killed then personnel within the range of a currently breached entity will begin to get scared and possibly panic. This will slowdown re-containment efforts as players will have to use the containment and security teams that are not scared to re-contain the entity into its containment cell, afterwards the player will have to either fix the cell that it breached or you will have to clean up the bodies and then hire new personnel to replace those that have been killed within a containment breach.

I hope you think this project is interesting enough to work on with me. If you want to work with this then please feel free to comment and pm me if you wish.