• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

problem playing multiple audio emitters simulatneously

B

Beelzedude

hi there!

I have multiple instances of the same object inside a room which create a sound emitter that
plays the same sound for every instance (with fall off).
this works perfectly for one object/instance but as soon as I use more it doesnt work correctly anymore.
seems like the second instance that plays the sound is half as loud as it should be, the third instance
works in one room but not in the other and if there are four instances of the same object only two
play the sound (also one of the emitters sound is half as loud).

this is what is inside the create event and what it does, everytime the emitter is set "free" (emitters sound is off).
Code:
maxdistance = 100;

/****SET SOUND EMITTER****/
s_emit = audio_emitter_create();
audio_emitter_position(s_emit, x, y, 0);
audio_emitter_falloff(s_emit, maxdistance * 0.8, maxdistance, 1);
audio_play_sound_on(s_emit, snd_camera, true, 1);
does this have something to do with priority?
maybe someone knows my problem or can tell me what I've done wrong.

thanks! =)

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Beelzedude

no clue?

I really don't know why it functions so weirdly =(
(guess [hope] it is a simple solution)